Choice of plot size & area

Indusgeek

Choice of plot size & area

Post by Indusgeek »

Hi All,

Its more a lifestyle choice, but looks like I am missing a few points that might aid in making the decision.

1200 sqft site in Sahakarnagar or 2400 sqft site in telecom layout.

Papers wise both are ok, basic facilities are good - water ,drainage

Sahakanagar scores in term of Infra - roads, well planned, shops etc. Telecom scores really love on all these. But I have seen my dad & personally lived in 1200sqft plot house in a BDA layout, its a concrete jungle in spite of all the setbacks. It a crowded life, but with solitude comes lifestyle pitfalls as well. Your branded provision/grocery store is 3 km away, you want to go to a restaurant its 3 km away. But the latter point is only a small part of my life.

So i was zeroing in on Telecom layout, when i found that all sites around are not BDA approved but have BBMP A khata. There are only 200 sites in Telecom itself that have BDA Khata. That is scary, as i dont want to surrounded by apartments on 2400 sqft of land.
keshavachandras

Re: Choice of plot size & area

Post by keshavachandras »

As of now, you cannot expect an apartment to be constructed on a 2400sqft plot anymore, BDA guidelines say for apartment construction you need a minimum of 8400sqft of land and 40 feet wide roads (post 2011) this amendment was passed i believe. If you can afford a 2400sqft plot and the layout is liveable then why settle for a 1200 sqft plot.

you may want to consider commuting before making a choice.
Bangalore-Mysore

Post by Bangalore-Mysore »

If you can offord, it is always better to go for a bigger plot. Development of the area is just a matter of time. It will be too tight to have 2 car parking, to dig borewell if required, Rain water harvesting, etc and to have a good floor plan on 1200 sft.
Last edited by Bangalore-Mysore on April 11th, 2012, 10:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
nagsbhat

Post by nagsbhat »

I would prefer 40x60 rather than 30x40. The reasons are many: 30x40 can't accommodate a spacious 1 BR+HALL+Kitchen on ground floor with 2 car parking and 2 bike parking - Though you can cramp everything if you want. In old age you would defintely like to have 1 BR at least on ground floor. With steady increase in wealth :D provision for two car parking is a must. 2400 will still leave a bit of space to indulge in gardening.
Second, though own house (and gold on wife's neck) is an expense not an investment I still prefer to have a place which will appreciate. May be Telecom scores that way.

Apartments coming up is not possible however builder floor apartment can come up. The trick is for example to bifurcate 40x60 site into two 20x60 sites and in principle get an approvals for 6 kitchens! Then violate all setback rules and construct 6 houses and sell as builder floor apartments -:) This is exactly what builders are doing and 6 flats on a 40x60 is not what you will love to have as neighbors and that too if they are rented to some high risk category people who pay high rent.

One negative thing in upcoming area is construction noise. Each house built in the area causes noise and unknown people moving around. This may be a saftey issue as well. Given that say 8 houses (assuming no houses around your sight)- Front 3, side 2, back 3 coming up in next 10 - 15 years is not a big deal.
Indusgeek

Post by Indusgeek »

think most points mentioned in the post are for 2400 sqft. I am a dad of 2 one is 5 years old and another just turned 1, i want to ensure that i am also making the right choice for them. By the the time they turn 15, things in Telecom should have improved a lot. My elder one goes to DPS so school is not an issue. The road to Telecom is kind of a very lonely stretch, i was told its all arkvathy layout land, sun has not risen on arkavathy as yet. Will it be a ghost town.

Return to “General”