Recommend good building contractor and architect

vrsbabu

Re: Recommend good building contractor and architect

Post by vrsbabu »

Some information about my Builder:
- He started the work by doing Soil test first hiring a reputed soil test company.
- Since I know Civil drawing work, he recommended to draw the floor plans by myself instead of giving it to others. He sat with me in my home in front of computer for few long nights in completing those floor plan dwgs.
- With those dwgs, he got atleast 2 sets of Structural drawings from two different structural Engineers for his best satisfaction before the start of the work.
- He made sure our BBMP dwgs also matches atleast 98% of the plan we decided to go a head.
- Also he ran from Pillar to Post to get our dwgs sanctioned by BBMP officers by paying least bribe.
- Apart from that he also took care of all official work of New tax payment, BWSSB connection deposit pay, etc...for bank loan purpose and also on time.
- We are in the the ground floor roofing now and all the works he has done till now are 100% as per the structural plan. He even used 20mm rods and also used only Tata Tiscon steel in all the steel works.
- He offered us a RCC sump with Rs 10/- per litre which is really worth paying off.
- Since he has good knowledge and experience of Interior work, he is not charging us anything extra for our Interior designing too.
Etc...
Etc...
You can contact me @ xxxxxxxxx if you still have questions about his work.

Please don't share your details in a public forum,Its not suggested to share unless you are a vendor/service provider etc..

Edited by
ADMIN
namburi

Post by namburi »

Hi Vrs babu
Our intentions are to make people share the experiences of their construction ,knowledge they gained while constructing.

For example in your case
you said contractor got the sanction dwg at less bribe...we would love to hear the amount you paid for total floor plate (no personal details required)
You can explain the contract method followed, your payment style etc.
We encourage our policy of "give and take" , we wanted any of our members to share the knowledge ,not just quick recommendations.We suggest you to finish your construction (at least 75%) and recommend the contractor.
The recommendation in this forum are taken serious by many users .

Regars
ADMIN TEAM
tvsh

Post by tvsh »

Hi Vrsbabu,

Is your project complete? If you are at the roofing stage, then there is a lot more that needs to happen, plastering, electrical, flooring, plumbing, etc are yet to be complete. So isn't it a bit pre-mature to be recommending someone when the whole project is not complete?

Secondly, I would not use one's belief in God as an yard stick for one's honesty. So far, I have not come across God stopping any of his disciples from becoming dishonest.
tvsh

Post by tvsh »

Sudhu_kumar,

Why are you paying the architect fees for which they have not provided the required service. Ex: selection of tiles. You should tell him that he needs to earn his fees. If he does not help you in selection of tiles, he/she should forego the fees.

I have designed my house myself, It is very comfortable and functional. It is a multi-level house that uses the space very well. I doubt, I would have got a house that would fit my needs as well as this house does, if I were to go with an architect. However, it does lack the "wow factor", which only a trained architect can bring. Going by the amount of money people spend on the "elevation" of a house, even though, with the narrow roads and compound to compound construction, there is absolutely no way the beauty of the elevation is visible to any one, the wow factor is important to many people. So Architects do have a very useful role in construction for many people.
sreekbda

Post by sreekbda »

Tvsh, great views on the role and importance of an Architect!

======================================
I need a help. Need contact of a good "Structural ENgineer" preferably in Jayanagar, JP Nagar or Kanakapura Road area. This is for the house that i am planning to construct in Banashankari 6th stage very soon. Please PM me the mobile number. Like tvsh, i have come up with a floor plan keeping functionality/utility in mind. So would like a structural engineer who can come up with "approval" plan and "working" plan.
blackstallion76

Post by blackstallion76 »

Friends,

I am in the same boat of starting construction near BSK 6thStage 4th 'H' block for building 25 sqs area on 30x40 plot.
I have drafted some initial drawings of my liking. But, I am finding it hard to decide to go for an architect or not. Have selected the contractor as well who is quoting around 1500 psqft of construction cost with mid-range materials.

I met couple of architects like Ashwin Architects and Sankalp architects in BSK 2nd stage. All of them are quoting 5% of the total construction cost.
Initially I liked their designs of the already constructed houses. But, not able to judge them as its new to me.
Please suggest what advantages we can expect from an Architect against the normal contractor who will provide the design and construct the house as well.
If the plot is 60x40, yes I would definitely gone for architect, but for small plots like 30x40 should I really go for it.

Please help.
jackalbda

Post by jackalbda »

One of the major work , I wanted my architect to do was, to check the material quality, structural quality and the bill verification. During multiple stages of your construction, you will require some kind of advice ( say How good is this sand from the contractor ?, Is the area wise measurement given by my contractor correct ? and questions like will this tile go good with this floor during end of constrction etc ).

I would definitely advice an architect to be there during construction .

Return to “General”