Fence versus Compound Wall

saibabu

Fence versus Compound Wall

Post by saibabu »

Hi Guys

I recently registered a plot in a gated community. Now i want to know if it is really necessary to have a compound \ fence around it? Also what would be better - fence or compound wall? Since I anyway plan to construct after 1-2 would it be better to construct a compound directly now or would it cause problems during construction? Please give me your suggestions and opinions.

Saibabu
saibabu

Re: Fence versus Compound Wall

Post by saibabu »

Any inputs please?
siteinsmv

Post by siteinsmv »

Hi Saibabu,

You say its a gated community and also If the layout is BDA approved, then according to me a compound or fence may not be necessary. Some points to justify this.

1. A compound is required only if you wish to leave the plot vacant for long time. As you have plans to construct in a year or two, it is not necessary.
2. You would need to build compound only on 3 sides when you construct the house, so now if you wish to build one you may have to build on all 4 sides.
3. An already built compound may obstruct the construction process to some extent
4. as it is a gated community, you already have security for your plot, so visiting the plot once in a while would be sufficient.

Suggestion: If there are houses already present in the layout, then you can talk to anyone of them to keep an eye on your plot :-)

Cheers,
Ramesh
saibabu

Post by saibabu »

Hi

Thanks very much for your reply. My other concern was if anyone begins construction in adjoining plots and encroach on some part of my plot intentionally or unknowingly. I read some incidents like this with other ppl and was thinking based on this. Also would constructing compound wall on three sides be ok for future construction or would it still hinder in some ways since on the side where there is road anyway compound is not necessary as of now.

Thanks
Saibabu
siteinsmv

Post by siteinsmv »

I feel, the issue of being encroached by others can be avoided by having contacts with the owners of the plots adjoining your site. You can get the contact details from the association or the society who built the layout or the gated community.

You can talk to owners about when they plan to start the construction and request to see their house plan before they start the construction process. Discuss the plan and make sure you come to a mutual agreement.
Anyways they are going to be your neighbors in the future, so having a good rapport with them from the beginning will help.

Cheers,
Ramesh
Prasad.Krishnan

Post by Prasad.Krishnan »

I was told my one mastry that the compound wall would weaken when digging the land for foundation work. So, it is better to erect the compound after house construction.
saibabu

Post by saibabu »

Thanks for your helpful inputs. I think I will either go for a fence or no fence at all as suggested by you guys.
skbt78

Post by skbt78 »

Hi All

We have site in BSK 6th stage. Got the stone post fencing with 3 lines of Barbed wire at the cost of Rs.20000/- in Jan 2020. Thanks for the suggestion.

Return to “General”