Lawyer charges

amit_pearl2

Lawyer charges

Post by amit_pearl2 »

Hello All,

Land litigation case will atleast last 10 years or more. Generally how much do Lawyers charge for handling litigation case for 30*40 site.

Do they charge one time fee or we need to pay every year? If every year, how much do they generally charge?

Amit
msn1270

Re: Lawyer charges

Post by msn1270 »

There is nothing like fixed charges to be paid for a case.

A lawyer look at the nature of the litigation and they charge you based on the number of
visits to the court hearings. Each hearing visit will cost you in 4 digit numbers.
amit_pearl2

Post by amit_pearl2 »

Price to get justice seem to be pretty high. The guy who has put a case is showing an intent to settle it out of court.
was told is looking for may be lakh rupees per site. If i go via court, then wait for 10 years. in years possibly
120 hearings. Each hearing 1k. i would end up shelling out 1.2 lakh.

Most of the time the hearings dont happen as one of the party does not turn up. During purchase of site,
i got the papers verfied by paying good amount and was told that papers are clear. i did pay decent amount then,
now again shelling out money is hurting :(

Looking for small time honest lawyer reference. should not be burden pocket.
awin

Post by awin »

Which court is this in? In my experience it is better to hire a lawyer who is a regular in the same court. Primarily most foot-lawyers are fixated to a particular court.. If not, they will have to run around on the hearing day and they refer a representation of theirs and the fees just goes on adding up. Usually even for petty cases (false cases filed), the courts drag the case for years together and its all such a mess.
amit_pearl2

Post by amit_pearl2 »

Agree Awin. Litigation case is in Court of Civil Judge(jr div) Bangalore Rural District.
At this point, all that i wanted was a high level amount i may need to shell out.
amit_pearl2

Post by amit_pearl2 »

Still yet to find a lawyer. Any refrence of lawyer who is efficient and reasonable would help.
msn1270

Post by msn1270 »

amit

in order to get better support or getting the contact details of a right person, better, u brief about the nature of the issue
(civil or criminal or deficiency of service) and the location of the property/the jurisdiction where you would like to file...etc.
amit_pearl2

Post by amit_pearl2 »

This is on going case. Layout in bannerghatta Road near meenakshi temple. Case is ongoing Junior Division Rural Court Bangalore.
Quite a lot of people from layout have formed small groups and have hired lawyer. Evaluating option either to join the group or
may be go on my own.

Orignal Landlord who sold his land to developer who intern developed sites and sold to others. Now Orignal Land Owner brought this propery
on his own(self aquired). Orignal Land owners son now wants and filed a case to consider this as kind of in herited and looking for share.
Everyboy have verified the papers and titles are clear.

it will be go on for several years now. Going to famous lawyer might be expensive. looking for somebody who does not charge hefty fees.

Return to “General”