Imp information

Bangalorian

Imp information

Post by Bangalorian »

Hi,

I am not sure how many of you already know about this. I have been thinking to put this info from 10 days but got so busy & couldn't post it.

Here is the link for making online tax payment for BDA property owners.

https://ops.bdabangalore.org/bdaops/BDA ... 45=hg54371

But it is such a bad & unsecured data sharing. If u just give any site number, u will be able to see all personal details of that property owner's including their tax due, name, addess etc.
It is such a serious data confidential issue & needs to brought to BDA's notice.

Any volunteer lawyers in this group can initiate on this would be great. This might lead to any misuse/fraud using the information provided. It needs to resolved at the earliest.
idlebrain

Re: Imp information

Post by idlebrain »

One Good Samaritan already contacted BDA reg. this issue. This is the email from that person (from BSK6 yahoo groups)
- - - -
Members,

I had been to BDA office & brought this issue to their notice. The concerned official did understood the seriousness of this. He said it was just a demo they were trying. I took a copy of my details from online tax paying website as a proof.

He said he was also feeling the same about the data confidentiality but he said it is easy now to have a meeting immediatly since they have public raising this issue & they don't want any bad impression about BDA itseems. He also said that they will creat a user id & password for us which is unique. I guess this was created by corporation bank to make it easy for tax payers.

Right now they r going to arrange a meeting with all the IT engineers & corporation bank engineers who r concerned & come to a conclusion. I also requested them to block this site till they resolve this issue. He said he will consider & hopefully it is going to be blocked.

So this email is to update u all about the status of our data being public.

Hope this might give littel relief to most of us.

Return to “General”