Is it safe to buy a site in DC Converted BBMP A Khata layou

feel_rajan

Is it safe to buy a site in DC Converted BBMP A Khata layou

Post by feel_rajan »

Hi
I am planning to buy a site in Chaitra Shelter, at Chikkathogur Village, Begur Hobli. It is 6 kms from Silkboard towards EC and then 1.75 Kms inside (crossing the NICE Road. As per the builders it is DC COnverted, BBMP A Khatta plot of 3 acre where in they have formed 57 sites. The rate is 1700/sqft.
Can anyone suggest if I can go ahead with deal with the above spec.
Any help in this will be appreciated.

Thanks
Rajan
amit_pearl2

Re: Is it safe to buy a site in DC Converted BBMP A Khata la

Post by amit_pearl2 »

1700 is high price. Infact if you stretch a little more you can get BDA site.

Have they paid Betterment charges? what Other facilities are they providing. Which bank has approved the layout.
Many other factors come into picture.

If the approach road is good... you can bargain hard for 1450 or so
feel_rajan

Post by feel_rajan »

I am trying since 6 months without success.
This Layout is nicely connected. it is 6 km from Silk Brd and 3 Km from EC. From the Hosur Road it is 1.75 Kms. I visited so many layouts but within EC I found this to be cheapest.
In the layout there are 57 sites (plots) (3 acre). Main road inside the layout is 40 ft and the intersecting rds are 30 ft, sewage, elect, own boring. No garden, no playing area, no swingpool etc...
I tried negotiating them today and they have come down till 1530/sqft. Now there is no hope for bringing them further down.
Can you guide me if it is DC Converted and having BBMP khata, is it safe to go for this deal.
Also I guess they have not paid the betterment charges. What is the consequence ????

Thanks
Rajan
amit_pearl2

Post by amit_pearl2 »

Well Dude... If they have not paid betterment charges.. i wonder how they got A khata... Again anything can happen in bangalore... If i was YOU.... 1530 sounds tempting price keeping the location in mind but there are many hazzles of BBMP sites for which Betterment charges are NOT Paid. I would not call it Unsafe but if i would get BMRDA land in gated community with good amminites i would go with BMRDA land.

If a layout is decent sized may be around 10 Acres or so (Assocation formation will be easier). Maintenance will be cheaper. Lot many things... If you have fallen in love with this place and willing to gamble, Go ahead all the best....

Finally i feel, its always nice to have atleast little bit of open area in a layout, specifically meant for Children or civic amminities....
simplycar

Post by simplycar »

Hi Rajan

I was looking for information on this for the same layout on the internet today and found ur query here.Thats a nice co-incidence!!! I joined this forum for this only today and found ur query was exactly what i was looking for. Which number plot are u planning to buy here and what dimension? I am also in the same situation as u. I find the location and approach good, but am not finding clear information about this from anyone. please do share whatever info that u get so that it wil be of help to me also. Are u sure they have not paid betterment charges, because when i met them they were saying BBMP tax is paid up to date. But I dont know if there is any difference between BBMP tax and betterment charges. Need to talk to someone who can exactly say what is legal and what is not. The ppl in their office assure that everything is ok and property will get registered and we can get Khata also in our name, but I am scared to proceed without verification as u know wat the situation is in Bangalore nowadays :(
blrsiteseeker

Post by blrsiteseeker »

There is a difference between BBMP taxes and betterment charges.

1. BBMP taxes are property taxes. You can pay that on 2 types of Khata, Form A (the full fledged khata) or the Form B khata (issued on properties just to collect taxes - but they are not fully authorized to construct houses on such plots).
2. Betterment charges are charges paid to the BBMP for civic amenities provided (sewerage, water, electricity etc.). This is a one time charge, whereas the taxes are annual. The BBMP had stopped collecting betterment charges from properties in CMC / outside BMP area (prior to the formation of BBMP) - I think about 6 years or so now. And all the new news about the collection of Betterment charges for DC converted properties can be viewed on recent Deccan Herald and Hindu sites.
feel_rajan

Post by feel_rajan »

hi Simplycar
I consulted a lawer for this and he verified that the documents are pakka. Only that the NOC from the BDA or any otherised authoroties is missing. I contacted the SM (Nagaraj) and been told that that document is also there. Going to check the same in the Authority office tomorrow. I suggest you also consult any lawer and get the document verified. I am goinf for the plot# 41 with the dimensio 30*50 north facing. Get me posted if you come to know about this property in detail. My mob# is 9900875501. Lets have a talk and work together and investigate side by side but seperately so that we can get two different views.

thanks blrsiteseeker for the info.
As per the document the BBMP taxes for year 2008-09, 2009-10 and 2010-2011 has been paid by the builders themself. About the betterment chanrgesI am not very sure. But in recent artical in the newspaper I came to know the betterment chanrges have been decided on the rate of Rs 15/sqft. And i guess if i am going to purchase the site, i only need to pay the same.
How to know whether the khata is A or B ? can you please confirm the same if you have any idea in this regard.
I agree with Amit but you know with the choice we need to comprmise the location is the pocket is tight like mine. So I decided to sacrifice the open space and the park with keeping in mind the location which suits my need being nearer to EC. Any suggestion for the further investigation??? Which office needs to be consulted to verify the document once again. Though I have consulted a lawer but still I want to investigate once again from any of the authorities office. Kindly suggest
simplycar

Post by simplycar »

Hi Rajan

I also got the same opinion from my advocate yesterday. He wanted 2 documents
1. BDA NOC to verify that land is not notified
2. Encumberance details for individual site which I need to purchase.

When i contacted them they said they do not have BDA NOC and they are not planning to get it also. He said it is not under acquisition so need to worry thats all.
For document 2 he said it is still registered are a whole plot and encumberance is available only for the whole 3 acres or so plot.
Are u in touch through their office in HSR layout? My only worry is since the builders are not that much reputed or no previous projects to go by ... I wanted to be doubly sure about documents before deciding
simplycar

Post by simplycar »

Hi rajan

Were u able to verify if the builder has BDA NOC? When I asked I was told he does not have one :(
feel_rajan

Post by feel_rajan »

Ya he said the same thing to me.
I am taking another opinion from another law. Also contacted BDA office and probably we will get some updates on the authentication by tomorrow.

Return to “General”