My site near Vijaya Bank layout and need some help!

sun

My site near Vijaya Bank layout and need some help!

Post by sun »

Finally I got the site registered on May 2nd at SBI layout near Vijaya Bank Colony, off BG road. Its west facing 30x40. Now I am looking at different option to start constructions. It was fun registering it in Begur road sub registrar office though!

Can any experts who already started construction guide what is the right value of construction? I am in discussion with few contractors and per sq ft rate is differing from 2000 to 2300. What is the right value? Also, I do have entire wood required for the house (approx 2000cft) so how should negotiation with contractor should work?

Thank you in advance!
godisgood

Re: My site near Vijaya Bank layout and need some help!

Post by godisgood »

Congratulations. I have a different question - Many ppl off late on this forum itself have said that quotes range from 1300-1700 psqft. So how does the quote from your contractor vary so much? Do you have some specific requirements which is increasing the cost? I am also in the same stage of finding out prices and therefore wanted to confirm about the difference.
sun

Post by sun »

This is the same reason I was little worried. I remember reading cost is about 1300 to 1700. I spoke to 3 different contractors and this is the price range that I am getting from them. I have not given them any specific requirements, all standard, granite flooring, jaguar fitments, basement+2 floor construction and goes on.
simplycar

Post by simplycar »

sun : I also had similar requirements basement + 2 on the same size. I was just trying to know the price and the quote i got was 45L minmum !!! .. i was not planning to construct immediately hence did not inquire further but i was also surprised at the quote.
ardesarchitects

Post by ardesarchitects »

Hi,Guys
There is no point approaching a contractor before you get your requirements clear.Every contractor has their own considerations in term of specifications.The cost is not based just on quality but quantity .In the current market prices a common residence will cost 1600/- to 2000/- per sft any thing beyond is above medium segment.

In case you are going for lump sum ask the contractor to quote without wood work where in you get a carpenter to get the wood work done on your own. In case of item wise it very clear and clean to delete the wood work item from list.

Regards
Ar.Praveen.N
Ardes Architects and Interior Designers
Ardesarchitects@gmail.com
www.ardesarchitects.com
Lekhya Sindhura

Post by Lekhya Sindhura »

Hello !!
The Construction cost has increased over the past 18 months or so.. When we constructed our home back in 2011 , the labor wages were less.
Now they have increased almost by 40%. Also, the increase in all construction raw materials have contributed to the rise in overall Cost.

If you have the time , you can go in for Labour contractors . In this case, you'll have to be ready to procure all the required raw materials on your own !
Else, be ready to shell out anything around Re 2000/sft for construction !

Return to “General”