Property Litigation in BDA plots

bangalore_fan

Property Litigation in BDA plots

Post by bangalore_fan »

Hi Friends,

I see plenty of property transactions happening in Bangalore everyday. However I was wondering what are the chances that people might become victims of fraudulent property dealings. All BDA properties have a single advantage that they have indisputable mother deed. But still while buying BDA plots, what are the risk areas that need to be addressed so that we can stay away from fraudulent transactions? No buyer would want to invest his hard-earned money on a plot only to find out later on that he has to spend years in legal battle wherein the buyer will be unable to sell the plot or construct house till all legal hurdles are cleared.

I can list down a few risk areas that could lead to years of legal battle.

1. The seller could have litigation on the land he is selling where dispute could have filed by his family members
2. Litigation on land from any other third party
3. Seller entering into an agreement with someone else and then selling the plot to someone else.

There could be many risk areas while buying BDA plot but I could think of above points only.

In lieu of above, I have 2 questions.

1. How can a buyer protect himself from risk areas mentioned above. How can anyone find out pending cases on a plot? How to find out if the seller is not selling the same property twice?
2. What are the chances that buyer could become a victim of fraudulent transactions while buying BDA sites. Do we have any tangible numbers like 1/50 or 1/100 etc..? Have you or anyone you know have been victimized while buying BDA plots. If so, can you please elaborate?

Any help will be greatly appreciated and will help prospective buyers.

Thanks

Return to “General”