DC Conversion certificate. How to get it?

ramki067

DC Conversion certificate. How to get it?

Post by ramki067 »

Hi all,

We had purchased a site around 10 years back and I happened to notice only now ,that, the DC conversion certificate copy is missing. Don't know where is the person from whom we purchased the land presently is.
However in the sale deed it is mentioned that the site falls under the such and such survey no which is DC converted.

Kindly point me to the office or place where i need to go and get a copy of this DC conversion letter/certificate from.

Any help is greatly appreciated.
Thanks
Ramki
nagarjunkatta

Re: DC Conversion certificate. How to get it?

Post by nagarjunkatta »

Hi Ramki,

You can goto the DC Office near Majestic. You can apply for it and get it in a weeks time. You just need the DC Conversion number to apply.
ramki067

Post by ramki067 »

Thanks very much nagarjunkatta.
Indeed i went yesterday and applied at the DC office, backside office of Kandaya Bhavana. They informed in a weeks time, if file is found they will issue DC certificate.

Thanks,
Ramki
nagsbhat

Post by nagsbhat »

My experience on this is pretty bad:
You meet the person who actually searchers the file (he can be a clerk or a peon) and tell him you will pay some 200 - 300 Rs. Otherwise they will tell u that they can't find it. If you go couple of times they will ask you to search yourself. And it will be impossible to make any sense since you can never understand how they organize the files.

Regards,
Nagendra
prabhu422p

Post by prabhu422p »

For me they took ten days to give Conversion order copy.When we write request letter and submit they will write date on it when we should approach them again to collect Conversion order.

Thanks
Prabhakar
ramki067

Post by ramki067 »

nagsbhat wrote:My experience on this is pretty bad:
You meet the person who actually searchers the file (he can be a clerk or a peon) and tell him you will pay some 200 - 300 Rs. Otherwise they will tell u that they can't find it. If you go couple of times they will ask you to search yourself. And it will be impossible to make any sense since you can never understand how they organize the files.

Regards,
Nagendra
Hi Nagendra,

You might be correct. But they lock the door and the door is opened to public only during 3 to 5.30 pm. Might have to search for a person who does it.

Thanks
nagarjunkatta

Post by nagarjunkatta »

its all not needed. just go in the alloted public hours. tell him that u need it fast. if he asks u to pay to get it fast, then u will get early. otherwise it takes the stipulated time.
ramki067

Post by ramki067 »

Went on last Friday to collect the DC certificate, obviously it was done and my application was taken out and then the person asked a lady to check the file is there in there computer records. She came out after 2-3 mins and said its there. Relief!!!
Next, the person asked me to come on Monday to which i requested that he give it to me on Saturday to which he said OK.

Come next day, i went there at the time they said to collect. When i went there they brought the DC Conversion certificate copy, attested there seals and said to hand a challen fee to them!
I said will you provide any bill to it. They said no to which i said that if no bill then no money and walked out.

End of the story: Got the DC conversion copy at no cost/bribes incurred.
nagarjunkatta

Post by nagarjunkatta »

well executed :)
sam_m400

Post by sam_m400 »

good job, any clue how to find the DC conversion number as i don;t have it ? Is it still possible to get the DC conversion certificate copy. without conversion number...

Return to “General”