Akrama Sakrama Vs Betterment Charges:- Helping Info Required

vipinnambiarr

Akrama Sakrama Vs Betterment Charges:- Helping Info Required

Post by vipinnambiarr »

Akrama Sakrama Vs Betterment Charges :- Confusions Galore For Me

Can anyone please clear my confusion on Akrama Sakrama Vs Betterment Charges ?
Been reading plenty of news reports which says that those DC converted sites not approved from BDA or BMRDA can also be regularized through Akrama Sakrama scheme (as and when comes into effect aftermath the nod from honourable courts) to procure Khata A certificate. If this is the case – Why is BBMP separately in the media reports indicating circular to be issued very soon to collect betterment charges for Khata A certificate which clearly is outside the purview of Akrama Sakrama scheme ?

This is causing plenty of confusion in me.

[Note : I have a 30X40 site in Chikkabettahalli (Bangalore North) which is DC converted and comes under BBMP jurisdiction (with Khata B) and been literally struggling and desperately trying to lay my hands on Khata A from 2007 since none of the mainstream banks is willing to give me house construction loan. NBFC banks are willing to give, but at KILLER rates + commission. My dream of building a house for my sweet family is in capsized and upset state for long time now]

Jai Hindustan, Jai Kannadambe !!!
msn1270

Re: Akrama Sakrama Vs Betterment Charges:- Helping Info Requ

Post by msn1270 »

Once BBMP releases the official notification, we can have more clarity or till the Gazette Notification comes out from State Govt. As of now, every newspaper is spreading their own version of speculated messages.

As per my understanding, Under BBMP's Betterment charge collection for regularization scheme holds good only for those lands which are already got DC Conversion(Land usage converted from Agricultural to non-agricultural purpose). Its doesn't applies to revenue land, encroachments...etc.
vipinnambiarr

Post by vipinnambiarr »

Dear MSN,
I think your understanding might be absolutely on mark, but as said will need to wait till the gazetted notification is aired. True - Each and Every newspaper are having field day in crowing all kinds of speculations in the print without even bothering to verify the facts. My brother went to the local BBMP office few hours back today just to feel a pulse on all the happenings reported in the newspapers, BUT they hardly are aware of anything about Betterment nor AS.Ignorance was the bliss there !!! Anyhow MSN - Thanks indeed for your efforts in taking your keyboard and jotting out your knows.

Cheese - Vipin Nambiar [ Jai Hindustan, Jai Kannadambe !!! ]
vipinnambiarr

Post by vipinnambiarr »

Dear Khata A Waiters,

It is HIGHLY HIGHLY FRUSTURATING to note that the Betterment Charges circular (to realize Khata A from DC Converted site) from BBMP which were supposed to be issued few days back is nowhere to be seen and completely missing in action. Any idea – whatzza the latest status on this ? (As a complete joker, I was really expecting me to go to BBMP office this week itself and pay up the betterment charges. What a fool and naïve I was )
Was googling – I just realized that this story is been consistently getting repeated for the past 4 -5 years. Some senseless and moron newspaper suddenly wakes up and picks up some bytes from existing or non existing BBMP officer and goes to the town saying that the window to pay betterment charges is opened from “non existing” tomorrow. Day dreaming citizens like me visit the respective BBMP office, only to be laughed off and shrugged by these ignorant BBMP fellas (since they have not been supplied with the so called circular) . Then there is pin drop silence for many months on this betterment charges. This story now gets repeated one more time when “Some senseless and moron newspaper……………………”.
I was really hoping that this time BBMP was very serious since it has gone completely kaput and bankrupt and pauper, alas to get DISAPPOINTED once again.
Will our dream to lay hands on our Khata A will ever get realized ?
Will our dream to secure the house construction loan from main stream bank will ever get realized to build a gorgeous house for our family ?
( I really doubt boy !!!)

Cheese – Vipin Nambiar
mvssastry

Post by mvssastry »

Dear alll,
What I understood from various sources is as follows:
1. The betterment charges (once they start collecting) is applicable for the site dimensions.
2. The charges are payable irrespective of whether you have constructed or not.
3. The betterment charges what they have announced are applicable only for the DC converted sites.
4. Once you pay the betterment charges, you will be entitled to get "A" Khata independent of others pay or not
5. Even after payment of betterment charges, I think the charges announced by State Govt. for Akrama/Sakrama for constructed houses are payable as per the norms. This is for deviations in construction. This is applicable for DC converted sites also.
6. For non-DC converted sites, where construction has already taken place, Akrama / Sakrama charges are payable as per the announcement probably which includes betterment charges also.
This is only my understanding and members can give their views if there are any corrections.

MVS Sastry
rkirana

Post by rkirana »

Vipin,
as per akrama sakrama, when it goes live you can make your site into A-khata by paying a fine of 16 Rs /sq ft adn 5% of the guidance value for your site. It should be around 1 L - 1.5L only

Thanks
Kiran
vipinnambiarr wrote:Dear Khata A Waiters,

It is HIGHLY HIGHLY FRUSTURATING to note that the Betterment Charges circular (to realize Khata A from DC Converted site) from BBMP which were supposed to be issued few days back is nowhere to be seen and completely missing in action. Any idea – whatzza the latest status on this ? (As a complete joker, I was really expecting me to go to BBMP office this week itself and pay up the betterment charges. What a fool and naïve I was )
Was googling – I just realized that this story is been consistently getting repeated for the past 4 -5 years. Some senseless and moron newspaper suddenly wakes up and picks up some bytes from existing or non existing BBMP officer and goes to the town saying that the window to pay betterment charges is opened from “non existing” tomorrow. Day dreaming citizens like me visit the respective BBMP office, only to be laughed off and shrugged by these ignorant BBMP fellas (since they have not been supplied with the so called circular) . Then there is pin drop silence for many months on this betterment charges. This story now gets repeated one more time when “Some senseless and moron newspaper……………………”.
I was really hoping that this time BBMP was very serious since it has gone completely kaput and bankrupt and pauper, alas to get DISAPPOINTED once again.
Will our dream to lay hands on our Khata A will ever get realized ?
Will our dream to secure the house construction loan from main stream bank will ever get realized to build a gorgeous house for our family ?
( I really doubt boy !!!)

Cheese – Vipin Nambiar
rkirana

Post by rkirana »

MVS Sastry,
here are the true facts
1. Yes, betterment charges are applicable for site dimensions ONLY AFTER THE RULES ARE NOTIFIED. Akrama Sakrama not notified yet
2. Yes, that is true.
3. Yes, the charges are Rs 16 per sq ft, 3% of sital value for 20x30 site, 5% of sital value for 40x30 sites and 10% of sital value for those with larger dimension. A guidance value of Rs 1500 and a 40x30 site can set you back by around Rs 1 lakh
4. yes, ONLY AFTER AKRAMA SAKRAMA. Currently even if single site owner in layout refuses, it won't happen
5. Yes, deviations are common across. Deviations in buildings in DC converted site has to regularize both the site as well as the house
6. Yes

You have most facts right except timing. Akrama Sakrama has been waiting since 2007 and it is 7 years already. It could be another 7 years before it comes into play

mvssastry wrote:Dear alll,
What I understood from various sources is as follows:
1. The betterment charges (once they start collecting) is applicable for the site dimensions.
2. The charges are payable irrespective of whether you have constructed or not.
3. The betterment charges what they have announced are applicable only for the DC converted sites.
4. Once you pay the betterment charges, you will be entitled to get "A" Khata independent of others pay or not
5. Even after payment of betterment charges, I think the charges announced by State Govt. for Akrama/Sakrama for constructed houses are payable as per the norms. This is for deviations in construction. This is applicable for DC converted sites also.
6. For non-DC converted sites, where construction has already taken place, Akrama / Sakrama charges are payable as per the announcement probably which includes betterment charges also.
This is only my understanding and members can give their views if there are any corrections.

MVS Sastry

Return to “General”