RESULT OF COMPRESSION STRENGTH FOR SLAB CASTING WITH RMC

mvssastry

RESULT OF COMPRESSION STRENGTH FOR SLAB CASTING WITH RMC

Post by mvssastry »

HI FRIENDS,
The Compression strength result after 7 th day of casting slab gives 13.2 (against 17 for M25 grade concrete.) Curing is still going on and another set of samples will be tested on 28th day. What are the precautions to be taken for that particular portion of slab where the M25 grade spread gave a result as above? Offer your comments please.
mcneha

Re: RESULT OF COMPRESSION STRENGTH FOR SLAB CASTING WITH RMC

Post by mcneha »

Hi

Was the cube casting done properly? How many sample cubes were casted and who was the RMC supplier?

Regards.
CHANDRASEKAR
mvssastry

Post by mvssastry »

Dear Chandrasekhar,
The cube casting done properly. In fact there were four batches of supply. Only first three batches samples (two each) were taken. The supply size batch wise is 9, 7,9,7 (total 32 cmt). The grade was M25. The RMC Supplier is CI Concrete India Private Ltd. I was told by Civil Aid People, that the result appear to be tending towards M20 (for the first batch). For the second and third batch the result is above 20. I am worried about the place where the first batch was cast. What precautions I need to take (?). Thank you for your prompt response.
mvssastry

Post by mvssastry »

Mr.Chandrasekhar,
In continuation to the above, I would like to say that the compression test of 28th day gave a result of 30 which appear to be in accordance with M25 expectation, which means curing after 7th day to 28 th day has shown improvement in strength?
mcneha

Post by mcneha »

Hi!

Nothing to worry.

Regards.
CHANDRASEKAR

Return to “General”