Forming farming community

nagsbhat

Forming farming community

Post by nagsbhat »

Dear All,

A friend and I had been looking for a large (50+ acres) farmland within 100 kilometers and have found a single stretch of 100 acres. This is located less than 50 kilometers from Bangalore from Banashankari temple towards Kanakapura road.
Friend and I are buying 20 acres and rest would like to register to interested people. What we are planning from our 20 acres is to go for sericulture which gets approximately 5k per month per acre. Please note the risk of infections etc and this is not guaranteed.
Sericulture FAQ: http://agritech.tnau.ac.in/sericulture/seri_faqs.html.

Apart from this we are also looking for zero investment farming (Subhash Palekar - http://palekarzerobudgetspiritualfarming.org/) or concept of permaculture (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Permaculture).

We want to build farm sheds for few families and would share the cost of farming for interested people. Income also will be shared.

Along with this if sufficient people are interested we will have some week end getaways so that with approximate 50 days occupancy, we plan to cover the EMI of the land.

In summary:
Planned activities and net income (including maintenance):
- Sericulture approximate 5k per month income per acre after 1 year (best case scenario)
- Permacutlure (Approx another 5k per month after 2 years)
- Week end activities (Approximate another 5k per month after 1 year)
This way best case scenario you will get free land.

Cost:
- Site cost of approximately 12.5 lakhs per acre
- Registration cost of approximately 50 thousand.
- Minimum purchase of 1 acre
- Initial development cost of 50 thousand.This can go to community account.
Total of 13.5 lakhs per acres.

Misc notes:
- No loans will be available. However, for sericulture we will get govt subsidy and loan. Trying some options for farm development after registration.
- Land owner is not ready to register it to multiple parties and we will register in our names and will register to buyers.
- If sincere and definitive commitments do come from people, we will pay from our pocket and register in our names.
- All the people who commit will get at the above rates guaranteed.
- The govt rate is around 7 lakhs per acre
- Farm lands sold as small quarter acre plots are quoted at 200 per square feet. This translates to more than 80 lakhs per acres.
- Some interior farms are available at approximately 8-10 lakhs also in 1 or 2 acres. But large stretch is not available.
- Having large stretch helps to make sways for water to absorb and increase the ground water level there by helping increasing probability for successful farming. Hence looking to build a community with sustainable farming.
- Idea is not to make real estate business even in long term. Intention is to build a community of 80 families.
- Location based premium may be decided which should not exceed 15% of the cost. This will go to community account.
- Not looking from real estate sector. Preferably from IT, BT, Banking, Lawyers and Doctors community.

Next step: Please reply by 6th Feb.
- No need to pay any advance.
- Send your interest by sending PM to me with your mobile number.
- Location is excellent and will be revealed once definitive commitment are received.
- Preferably looking for people to invest for minimum of 2 acres and will sell only in multiple of 1 acre.
- Whole transaction will take approximately 6 months (will take less than 2 weeks after the agreement).

Maintenance:
- We will maintain.
- You may either actively participate by contributing your time or passively participate by leaving it to us. Either way we will workout a model to benefit all of us.
- Expect 1-2 years for farm to be producing any income.

Apart from me and my friend (we are buying 10 acre each) there are another 4 people who have committed for 2 acres each.

Please don't call me on mobile if you have any questions. Please post questions or PM me.

About me and my friend:
We both are in IT field and have come from farming families. We would like to contribute our bit with sustainable farming and moving away (not far away) from city. Again note that don't dream of becoming rich by investing here. However, if all of us drive this, we can lead a happy community life closer to city.

Important:
We have not worked out how we finance 10 crores (we will barely manage our own portion). In case we go with some sort of loan, we might have to share the interest cost.

Return to “General”