Save Earth to Save ourselves

msn1270

Save Earth to Save ourselves

Post by msn1270 »

2013: Uttarakhand & Himachal Pradesh cloudburst destroyed Kedar, Badari, GauriKund, yamunotri...etc.
2014: Cloud burst destroyed lives in Jammu & Kashmir Valley.
2014: Cyclone 'Hudhud' severely damaged Vishakapattana & surrounded coastal districts
2015: Depression in Bay of Bengal Devastated Chennai & surrounded Coastal Districts.
Natural Disasters happening again and again.
We have not learnt anything so far & definitely not in the future also.
As usual, We always keep blaming the Governments & the bureaucratic Systems.
As usual we are greedy by building concrete Jungles & uproot all the left out trees/greeneries just to get rid of the dry leaves/for parking space/visibility/encroachment...etc.
Nature doesn't discriminate anyone by their Religion, Gender, Age, Money....etc. Just swallows anything to everything.
its just a count down " Mera Number kab aayega?
ardesarchitects

Re: Save Earth to Save ourselves

Post by ardesarchitects »

Hi MSN,
Very well said ,at every point we all are related directly to it.

1. We waste power leads to more production - leads to more coal burning
2. We waste water leads to more borewels - leads to dry lands
3. We take car for every small distance - leads to more fuel - leads to more drilling
4. We still use plastic bags irrespective of situations

I feel small changes can make a big impact in the nature ,
1. Not even a single apartment has water and power internal auditions to check for leaks. I find most wc tanks leak over a period of time in every apartment and individual we find it ok but that leads to huge water wasted and power to pump the same to overhead tanks
2. We burn diesel for generators even if it runs at half the capacity of power produced .for example a 10kva diesel uses the same amount of diesel irrespective of your consumption of power produced
3. 60% of apartments STPs are closed just for the sake of difficulties in maintaining it .
4. We can use mini waste decomposers in every home to make it in to fertile soil there by reduce the burden on dump yards , we dont do it because it stinks and now the entire Bangalore started stinking with local dump yards and segregation centers opened .

Every individual can contribute to nature very easily sitting on his sofa at home or working in office by doing simple things .
Lets take a small initiative of reducing out power bills by saving power .Every member of MYBDASITES can post their power bills and show there contribution by reducing the power consumption units every month .
Inspire others

Regards
Ar.Praveen.N
Ardes Architects and Interior Designers
ardesarchitects@gmail.com
www.ardesarchitects.com
Chida_gs

Post by Chida_gs »

Hi MSN/Praveen,

Thanks for starting thread. All the points are very well said.

From my side, i would like to mention some of the points as below.

1) Since we are in Winter & also in Bangalore the temp is almost in minimum level - Fans can be switched off Day/Night
2) Open the Windows shutters during the Day time which will give Light and Air
3) Switch to Gas Stoves and avoid using Electric stoves as now a days New connection for Gas are avilable quickly
4) Use Water Geysers with Auto cutoff featured one (Avoid Immersion coil for Water heating)
5) Fridge temperature can be set to Cold instead of Coldest (Till Winter season is over)
6) Ensure before leaving Home for work, all the lights and appliances are switched off
7) Don't run Washing machine everyday (If enough clothes are not there), use it once in 3 days or weekends
8) Use the Electrical appliances judiciously - Micro oven, Vaccum Cleaner, TV, Computer etc.....

My Monthly power bill earlier was 1000 - 1200, Now after taking some steps it is now around Rs 700 - 800 Every month.
Ravikiran57

Post by Ravikiran57 »

it is not enough by taking only these small steps.. our mother earth need some revolutionary minds to alter the graph. By including all these we should consider taking some bigggg steps too...
What is big step = coming out of ur house
big step = joining a group
big step = only in ur free time

ha ha.... now u knw these are not big steps then y sit idle...?

Everyone knows most of the natural disasters can be avoided by afforestation...

Y not we forum members plan to join together on a holiday and plant saplings... then along with some environment support groups.. someone should continue..

If someone can continue to cut trees for frames and shutters y not we too continue to plant trees...
Love all... keep smiling and be happy
(atleast most of the times)
Ravikiran57

Post by Ravikiran57 »

y no reply
ardesarchitects

Post by ardesarchitects »

Hi ,Ravi kiran
Its a great idea .I am ready for this initiative .Lets plan a schedule for it and start immediately from coming week.To encourage more members i would request admins and moderators to send individual mails to know that we are doing something like this.
I know some areas feasible to plant trees on the road sides .
Member with like minded can meet in a place to plan out the future course and its not necessary that everyone form in to one big group. we can make groups in various locations and chalk out individual plans. Lets take a small step .
Shall we meet on 2nd jan 2016.

Regards
Ar.Praveen.N
Ardes Architects and Interior Designers
ardesarchitects@gmail.com
www.ardesarchitects.com
Ravikiran57

Post by Ravikiran57 »

Yes I will join you...
Any others who are interested to join us....?
biddappa_c_b

Post by biddappa_c_b »

count me in...
imtiazfirst

Post by imtiazfirst »

Hi All
We were planning to plant trees on the roadsides in our area too.
where do we get the plants. Do we need to contact forest dept or we have to buy by ourselves.
Please share me some pointer so that I can start contributing to this gud cause.

Regards
Ravikiran57

Post by Ravikiran57 »

According to Indian Forest Act every citizen of India could avail upto 100Saplings per person ranging 3-5Feet from any Forest Dept Nursery in his/her City or State.
The saplings of Neem,palms, Jamun, Gulmohar, Kanner, Peepal, Alstonia, Kachnar, Arjun,desi gulabh, Bombax, Papri, Philkan, Jungle Jalebi, Kachnar,Mango,Gauva etc etc.,

Return to “General”