buying agriculture land

vishwas_bda

buying agriculture land

Post by vishwas_bda »

Friends,

I have decided to buy an agriculture land in kanakpura Taluka
I have shortlisted one such land there.
I dont have any agriculture land in my name, but my father has a small piece of agricultural land in Karnataka
I need advice and suggestions of the experienced people here.

1. Before buying an agriculture land, what are the legal verifications to be done to be clear about the land
Any good lawyer for this?
2. Can I avail bank loan to buy the land
3. Anyone here has bought agriculture land in Kanakapura?

If possible do share your contact numbers if you can help me with suggestions so that I can talk with you and understand.

Thanks in advance!
bhr2009

Re: buying agriculture land

Post by bhr2009 »

Hi

Some basic info

Regarding eligibility to purchase agriculture land :

1. Purchaser needs to be a agriculturist.
2. Annual Income from Non-agriculture sources should be within 2 lakh. This was till last year. I guess Govt, increased it to 25 Lakh last August (Pls confirm this)
3. On paper at least , the total land holding should not go beyond xxxX acres. Not sure how strictly this is taken.

Regarding land :

1. Check RTC: if you know the village and survey number you can check the RTC, mutation details on line using bhoomi. http://www.bhoomi.karnataka.gov.in/
You can also visit the village and ask for RTC, mutation register with Nemamdi kendra.

After checking these basic things, you can contact some lawyers in kanakapura itself. (or wherever concerned sub-registrar office is located)

Some documents you definitely need are
1. EC from sub registrar office.
2. Previous Sale deed from seller. as well as family tree sketch.
3. If you are buying complete survey/hissa land plotted already then no issues. Otherwise you need to involve survey department to prepare sketch for partial land.

Good luck!
vishwas_bda

Post by vishwas_bda »

Thanks for the info bhr2009, definitely helpful!
Am I an agriculturist if my father has agricultural land in his name?
bhr2009

Post by bhr2009 »

No. Your name need to be in RTC
msn1270

Post by msn1270 »

vishwas

As your father is an agriculturist and having land, just add your name to that RTC
by producing the Family tree. There won't be any hassles/restrictions in buying the agricultural land.
vishwas_bda

Post by vishwas_bda »

Thanks msn, if I get my name added in RTC, would that mean multiple ownership of the land? because in that case my sibling may object to additon of only my name.
Can this be done in tehsildar's office?
msn1270

Post by msn1270 »

if all your siblings are in understanding, all the names can be included in the RTC and there won't be any issue in future.

If not, your income must be under 2 lakhs per annum and your eligibility to be decided by the District collector of the area where
you have planned for buying. That needs lot of bribe/hassles...etc.

Even though Revenue Minister has proposed for the ceiling of Rs. 25 Lakhs/annum last year, I think it is not yet executed through Gazette notification.

Return to “General”