BDA Alloted to EWS

milangadakari

BDA Alloted to EWS

Post by milangadakari »

Hi All,

I am looking to purchase a 20*30 BDA site in JP Nagar. Site is in JP Nagar 9th Phase 4th Block EWS (Economic weaker section)

My Question here is- Is it safe to buy plot alloted under EWS scheme. Does Buying from SC/ST catogory leads to problems?

Can we construct house there? I will be the 4th owner if the deal happens.

Regards,
Milan G
ramki067

Re: BDA Alloted to EWS

Post by ramki067 »

milangadakari wrote:Hi All,

I am looking to purchase a 20*30 BDA site in JP Nagar. Site is in JP Nagar 9th Phase 4th Block EWS (Economic weaker section)

My Question here is- Is it safe to buy plot alloted under EWS scheme. Does Buying from SC/ST catogory leads to problems?

Regards,
Milan G
According to a Supreme court rule long back, any land purchased from SC/ST category needs to be returned back to them.
Once you purchase and if they put a case against the land afterwards, probability is that they can get back there land or they can extort money from you time to time to keep the land for yourselves.
My view is based on the real experiences i'm having with SC/ST plot purchased long back by my parents. Think about this 10 times and then decide.
milangadakari

Post by milangadakari »

ramki067 wrote:
milangadakari wrote:Hi All,

Regards,
Milan G
According to a Supreme court rule long back, any land purchased from SC/ST category needs to be returned back to them.
Once you purchase and if they put a case against the land afterwards, probability is that they can get back there land or they can extort money from you time to time to keep the land for yourselves.
My view is based on the real experiences i'm having with SC/ST plot purchased long back by my parents. Think about this 10 times and then decide.
Isn't wrong thing to do? So what happens to the money I paid to get that site? I will be getting the money back from SC/ST party? or govt?
msn1270

Post by msn1270 »

Ramki

IMO, you are not right. In case the land belongs to SC/ST Granted by Govt long ago (1970's or so for agriculture purpose) comes under such rule, as no one
is supposed to sell/buy that land other than same family or within the same community.

That rule is not applicable for any sites allotted by competitive authority like BDA, KHB....etc. As its no more a SC/ST agricultural Land and if there is any land
ownership dispute, it will be solely between the land owner and the Competitive authority.

As usual Normal legal procedures to be followed to buy it same like anyone buys BDA/KHB sites.

Even though 20X30 dimension sites are meant for EWS. But none of the actual occupants are from EWS Category.
You can see any 20X30 site, where at least 3 to 4 floors will be constructed by the buyer.
milangadakari

Post by milangadakari »

msn1270 wrote:Ramki

IMO, you are not right. In case the land belongs to SC/ST Granted by Govt long ago (1970's or so for agriculture purpose) comes under such rule, as no one
is supposed to sell/buy that land other than same family or within the same community.

That rule is not applicable for any sites allotted by competitive authority like BDA, KHB....etc. As its no more a SC/ST agricultural Land and if there is any land
ownership dispute, it will be solely between the land owner and the Competitive authority.

As usual Normal legal procedures to be followed to buy it same like anyone buys BDA/KHB sites.

Even though 20X30 dimension sites are meant for EWS. But none of the actual occupants are from EWS Category.
You can see any 20X30 site, where at least 3 to 4 floors will be constructed by the buyer.
BDA official website say "Sites of dimension 6x9 mtrs (EWS)(20x30) are reserved exclusively for the weaker sections. You are eligible to apply for a site under this category if your income does not exceed Rs. 11,800/- per annum."

So if the above rule exists, does it mean the properties assigned under EWS scheme are not for sale and only for self house construction. I have seen 3 floor houses on a 20*30 Sites in every nook and corner. What do I do? Should I go ahead with the purchase? lawyer said papers are clean and can be bought from EWS unless specially mentioned in agreement between BDA and first Allotee.
msn1270

Post by msn1270 »

that rule applicable only for applying for a 20X30 site under EWS category by an individual to BDA when the layout was formed & applications invited for allotment.

Once its allotted and 10 yr lease period is over, original allottee (owner) can sell to anyone.
smohankumar7

Post by smohankumar7 »

My Advise, please refrain from buying site where rules are unclear, also dealing with SC/ST lands is not advisable, since it becomes political issue.
santoshelx

Post by santoshelx »

Hi All,

i am looking an BDA site from BDA allottee, in that search i interact with one BDA alloottee who is SC category, and he said he got Site under SC catergory but he paid amount as general category people paid, i belong to general category, can i go ahead with buying bda site from SC category. Please advice, looking legal advice here,
respective BDA SITE IS NOT IN EWS category.

Regards
Santosh

Return to “General”