Agricultural Land Buying - Please help

sam_m400

Agricultural Land Buying - Please help

Post by sam_m400 »

My father used to have agricultural land outside bangalore and he sold it around 10 years back...

1) Is any way i can buy agricultural land ?
2) What document i need to procured to register under my name...
msn1270

Re: Agricultural Land Buying - Please help

Post by msn1270 »

Hi Sam

As long as your annual income is below 25 lakhs, you don't need to produce any document to buy agricultural land now in Karnataka.

Last year August 2015, State Government Amended the Karnataka Land Reforms (Amendment) Bill, 2015, easing rules to allow the
purchase of agricultural land by non-agriculturalists.

Earlier limit was Rs. 2 lakh for non agriculturalist or the buyer need to produce existing RTC in his/her name to prove that they are
an agriculturalist in order to buy the agricultural land (No Ceiling on Annual Income in this case).

If you have Annual Income constraint & you are not very particular about karnataka, you can look for small piece of agricultural land
adjacent to Karnataka in and around Hosur. There is no restrictions in Tamil Nadu act. You get PATTA, which is similar to our
'PAHANI/RTC' document. Once its in your name, you can buy anywhere in Karnataka. This is how many developers who are from TN/AP
region are buying land in Karnataka.
sam_m400

Post by sam_m400 »

Thanks a lot for information....

1)So when do they check my income below 25Lak during registration or before that... Do we need show the proof while buying or during any checking by govt authorities latter part after you purchase....

2) Is pvt company offer letter is enough to prove the income less than 25 lakhs or any govt proof is needed...

3) In Karnataka should we need to every year produce the income certificate to hold the land ?

4) In Hosur it is possible to use as residential as in Karnataka like DC conversion?
msn1270

Post by msn1270 »

Hi sam

This based on my limited knowledge. Probably, those who bought the agricultural land recently/legal experts can through more light on your queries.

1 & 2: PAN No is good enough to trace your income details. Also you can use your last financial year Income tax return papers as income proof.

3: Income proof justification is needed while purchasing only. subsequently there is no need to prove it again at regular intervals. (Not sure, how
strictly they verify this point even @ the time of buying). More over, once your name is documented as an agriculturalist in the record in any of
the state, you can claim the same in other states also.

4: Generally land conversion process must be similar in many states, (other than J&K and North east states where outsiders are not allowed to buy land).
Of course, each state will have minor variations in Terms & Conditions.

Return to “General”