1200sq can be split in two 600 sq feet and sell

suguresh

1200sq can be split in two 600 sq feet and sell

Post by suguresh »

Hi All,

I am planning to buy 600 sq plot and construct the house, but the sites are not available but having only 1200 sq feet plot (BDA Approved)

So shall purchase 1200 sqft now and construct the house in 600 sq feet and remaining 600sq feet can be sold ?

Please let me know is it possible and what the procedure to do that.

-Thanks
msn1270

Re: 1200sq can be split in two 600 sq feet and sell

Post by msn1270 »

suguresh

Yes. Legally its allowed.

Meanwhile, I recommend your option, only if it is a corner Site or the Road side width is 40 Ft(Very rare case), so that you get 20X30 - 600sq.ft 2 sites of equal dimension. In case of corner site, one site will have very good natural light & ventilation as it will have 2 side roads and other site need to compromise for it.

Whereas for intermediate site (generally 30 ft width comes on road side and 40 ft depth), you get 15X40 - 600 sq.ft 2 Sites, looks like a rail Bogey. Really not worth
going for it unless you prefer to go for 1 BHK typical old style plan.

Also with just 15 ft width, if you want to have stair case of at least 2.5 ft wide + 2 or 3 Walls within this width for the building structure will make usable space inside
very narrow. Apart from this, natural Light & ventilation, is the main issue for both sites.
Last edited by msn1270 on May 13th, 2016, 9:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
niranjana40

Post by niranjana40 »

suguresh,

Yes. you can construct house in 600sq ft & rest 600sq ft can be sold.

procedure is by khata bifurcation.

~Niranjan
Bala

Post by Bala »

Hi,
I too have the same query. Me and my friend took 3 sites adjacent to each other (30X40 - 3 numbers).
Now we want to bifurcate the middle site so that both of us get 40X45 site.
As it is a BDA approved site, whether Khatha bifurcation is allowed? Please guide the procedure for bifurcation.
please note, the middle site is registered on both of our name.
ardesarchitects

Post by ardesarchitects »

Hi ,Bala
You can split the site in to 2 and apply for bifurcation khata .
In other options if you keep the site combined and construct the two separate units with common wall you can take more advantage in planning level with out deviating any bye laws .
You can plan such a way that both have common wall and leave ample space on the other sides of the building , but note that planning has to be done accordingly to take care of lighting and ventilation .
You can also plan to leave a huge courtyard of approx 10'x10' between two buildings to get ample light and enjoy a common courtyard with out loosing privacy and violating any bye laws .

Regards,
Ar.Praveen.N
Ardes Architects and Interior designers
ardesarchitects@gmail.com
https://www.facebook.com/ardes.architects
http://www.ardesarchitects.com

Return to “General”