Can Basement be constructed in 30x40 site?

ananda_sri

Can Basement be constructed in 30x40 site?

Post by ananda_sri »

I am planning build my house in a 30x40 site in north Bangalore.
I thought of basement (for home theater)+ground+1st floor.
I was discouraged by a BDA approved engineer and one constructor regarding the basement.
My queries are:
a> Is basement in 30x40 site allowed as per norms?
b> Whether RMP 2015 document is the most relevant & latest (see link below)?
please guide me.

My references are from BDA document (availabe at http://www.bdabangalore.org/Zoning_Regu ... P2015f.pdf) & is confusing to me:
As i understand, points are as follows:
1.(Basement) Means storey which is partly or wholly below the average ground level and with a height not exceeding a projection of 1.2 m above the average ground level and overall height of the basement under any circumstances should not exceed 4.5 m ..... (page 22)
2. Basement in a residential building shall be allowed without taking into FAR calculations subject to the condition that it will be used only for the purposes of Home Theater or Gym or a combination of both for personal use of the occupant on a site which does not exceed 500sqm and should be in Residential (Main) area as per Revised Master Plan 2015. In such cases, it should be single dwelling unit only and the entry to the basement shall be from inside the main building itself. (page 22-23)
3. If a site is measuring less than 200sqm, then car parking shall not be permitted in the basement floor.
4. If the minimum setback is more than 2.0 m, then the basement may be extended on all sides except the side abutting the road, provided the minimum setback between the basement and property boundary is minimum 2.0 m.
etc.

Return to “General”