Transformer placed next to my corner site in private gated community

huntforhouse

Transformer placed next to my corner site in private gated community

Post by huntforhouse »

Hi All,

I have purchased a plot three years back in one of the gated community in Hennur and it's a corner plot which is on main road of the layout.
last time when I went to check my site, I noticed that transformer is placed on the main road area which is next to my plot.
This is a serious concern for me as I don't like to stay next to transformer mainly for two reasons. 1.health issues and 2. I need to make my construction plan according to transformer placement as it blocks one of the corner of my plot.

I did not get any information from layout owners when they decided to get the transformer placement there.
Elecrical plan of the layout was not shared/given to us when we purchased plot 3 years back.

I've been softly requesting them to get permission to move the transformer from there and to put in a layout common area.
Initially they promised me they'll do it but later on they seem to be deicided to ignore it as they need to pay money from their pockets/or for whatever reasons.

I would like to know how can I take this issue legally/non legally with the layout owners and get the transformer moved to common area?

Please suggest .

Thanks,
Kranthi
arunthl

Re: Transformer placed next to my corner site in private gated community

Post by arunthl »

take the association into confidence and have this moved smoothly. And, request KPTCL Executive Engineer about this and get this done. If you go through legal way, I do not think it could be easily done or would that be really considered by the court. If in case, transformer is in your site/plot, then court would intervene.
ardesarchitects

Re: Transformer placed next to my corner site in private gated community

Post by ardesarchitects »

Hi,Kranthi
Moving transformer is easy only if its not yet charged, but there is an unofficial price tag for everything in KPTCL :). If the developer don't support you there is no other choice than getting it done for your self and i would suggest you to get it done at the earliest. Of course you can head on take with developer by not supporting him in other ways :), that you need to figure out the way residents association works there.
Legal way to handle this is of no use since the law says transformers are meant to be installed as per KPTCL norms ( distance, strategic location, power lose calculations, type of transformer etc) on side of the road any where they suggest.

Regards,
Ar.Praveen.N
Ardes Architects and Interior designers
ardesarchitects@gmail.com
https://www.facebook.com/ardes.architects
http://www.ardesarchitects.com

Return to “General”