WARNING - Anjanapura 10th and 11th Block plot owners

gbsch4

WARNING - Anjanapura 10th and 11th Block plot owners

Post by gbsch4 »

Dear plot owners

Please refer to my post in the topic "WARNING – Vacant plots in Anjanapura 11th block closer to 80ft road" in the section "Anjanapura BDA".

Today I happened to visit Anjanapura 10th and 11th blocks again as a friend of mine wanted to buy a plot.

While driving through the layout, in the 10th block area In few adjacent sites, not sure whether they are 40 X 60s or 50 X 80s, but a bit farther off from the 80ft road, there were several small huts or tents that have been put up. It looked like a slum area. The top of the huts/tents were covered with blue coloured sheets. There are many people living there with families and I could see many children in that slum like hutments. Many street dogs, hens, were roaming around freely. I’m shocked to see this. I stopped by and tried to politely inquire a couple of them who were sitting and smoking as to who they were and why they have put up tents / huts. They shouted at me to simply move on.

This is very scary and concerning. I request site owners to visit your properties frequently, otherwise there are very high chances that the properties may be lost to these trespassers as they will be having strong political connections and evicting them is NOT easy. Please DO NOT ignore and its in the best interests of all the site owners. Mind you, BDA will not come to rescue. Where slums and illegal occupations come up, the property value drastically falls. Also, it will be difficult to find buyers if you plan to sell as the word spreads very fast. My friend simply backed out.

You might be wondering why I’m saying all these. I have a plot in 11th block and my property value will also be affected if such unwanted / concerning things are happening around. So it is very important that the entire owner community is collectively aware of what’s happening to prevent such situations coming up as detailed above.

I request site owners to kindly post your observations, concerns, if you have taken actions when you visit your properties. I request, please do not have a thought like “Ohh…nothing like that in my plot and so I don’t care”. It affects all plot owners. So, please please, please post in this forum your observations, concerns and action taken. Do NOT ignore.
gbsch4

Re: WARNING - Anjanapura 10th and 11th Block plot owners

Post by gbsch4 »

If any of the plot owners who have visited Anjanapura 10th and 11th blocks recently, kindly post your views, opinions, concerns in this blog. It would help the entire owner community a lot.
gautham

Post by gautham »

Scary! Thanks for sharing.
Not talking about Anjanapura. But a general query. You mentioned, slums affect property prices. Are you sure about it? . I am contemplating buying a new house. The house is nice. And the immediate neighbors also decent. But there is a slum very close to it ( about 100 meters from it). As usual, the seller is quoting ridiculously high price, He says the slum is not a factor to worry about. Others in that locality also tell me not worry about it since they have CC tvs all over the place. I mentioned it to my broker and asked him if this slum is a temporarily thing. He was honest ( to my surprise. Because usually the brokers will say it will go away) and told me that, we cant assume so.
I got to know, the seller has a few more potential buyers at a good price, despite the slum. So I wonder if slums really matter. ( Personally I wanted to avoid it. But considered it only because its a new house and hence I dont need to build from scratch)
gbsch4

Post by gbsch4 »

Dear Gautham,

The impact of illegal slums / occupations depends on the extent of how well developed the locality is. If the locality is already well developed or even partially developed, there will already be many proper houses and people living in it. If there are vacant sites in-between here and there, the site owners of such plots would have normally shared their contact details with the immediate neighbours living next to his/her plot. Even the immediate neighbour would not like to have any illegal / anti-social / slums / huts occupied in the plots next to their house as they would want to live peacefully. Just in case, if any such activities begin the neighbour will immediately call the plot owner next to his house and alert him. So, it’s a win-win for both neighbour as well as the plot owner. Hence, in such cases, a slum 100 meters away may not really matter as far as the price is concerned, but yes it still has its impact on overall livability in the locality - like for example, kids may not feel safe to move around, if you go for jog or walk the presence of slum and the smells will not be pleasant. Also, if slums are around, the area will be very dirty and a mosquito breeding hotspot. Thrash will always be strewn around. I’m sure you would have definitely noticed all these.

Now, coming to Anjanapura this locality (even 10th and 11th blocks) is sparsely populated and several adjoining plots across rows are still vacant. If some huts come up even in one plot and in the absence of houses and residents in the immediate vicinity, the area becomes shabby. Also, the number of huts gradually increase and expand to neighbouring plots. So, what will be the impact – is obvious. Resale becomes a problem – would you like to buy a plot that already has huts in your neighbouring plots? This would eventually reduce the prices. Even if someone builds a house, the house residents cannot leave in peace as the surroundings will be dirty and not safe.

Hope, I have clarified your query.
gbsch4

Post by gbsch4 »

Has any of the site owners visited their plots recently in Anjanapura 10th, 11th blocks? Would you be able to please provide your updates? I sincerely request, please post your observations here in the interest of the entire owner community.

Return to “General”