Bescom provided transformer at site

ganeshncm

Bescom provided transformer at site

Post by ganeshncm »

Has anyone got bescom transformer installed at site? What are the pros and cons?
ardesarchitects

Re: Bescom provided transformer at site

Post by ardesarchitects »

Hi Ganesh
Why are you installing transformer in your site ? did your building exceed 500sqmt of construction ?
If second one is your case there is not option other than going for transformer with in your site and that to open to sky. unless its open to sky you need to go for dry transformer that is 3x expensive and comes with high maintenance to.
Major issues with transformer are, it becomes bescom property but you need to maintain it at your cost, many time the local bescom guys give connections from your transformer to other buildings which is illegal just to avoid transformer for the other building .

Regards,
Ar.Praveen.N
Ardes Architects and Interior designers
ardesarchitects@gmail.com
www.ardesarchitects.com
https://www.instagram.com/ardesarchitects
ganeshncm

Post by ganeshncm »

Thank you for your response. I did exceed by 100sq ft as per their calculations, because it is not a square shaped building. the rule says 500sq mt which is 5380 sq ft but they are saying that the rule is 5000 sq ft. it is a simple two house, with less than 8kw power requirements. a major blunder my end, miscalculating square area and i feel like cursing myself everyday....i didn't want to install it myself as the cost and bribes were very vague, thanks to a greedy electrical engineering
sumbda

Post by sumbda »

Hi,

Were you able to resolve this issue? And did you manage to get a connection.

Return to “General”