A Khata vs B Khata

direvi

A Khata vs B Khata

Post by direvi »

I have read in many places about people having A Khata or B Khata - what is the difference? How do I determine if a site has A Khata or B Khata. Which one is "more" legal or illegal? Please explain.
sk1976

Re: A Khata vs B Khata

Post by sk1976 »

'B' Khatha (B Form register ) is just a temporary measure introduced by Govt two years back that will allow you to buy or sell that site, but you will have problems if you want to construct on it. For getting building plan and Bank loan for construction, 'A' khtha is necessary. Recently Govt/BBMP said you can get the 'A' khatha by paying betterment charges, but that has lot of conditions attached. If you want to get 'A' khatha for a site that is having only 'B' khatha, then you should have

1)That site should be DC converted.
2)Paid upto date tax
3) Pay betterment charges for the converted site as per BBMP order

Here the caveat is you have to pay the betterment charges to the entire land that has been DC converted and the Khatha will
be issued to the person on whose name the land stood. For e.g., If an acre of land was DC converted and split into 10 sites and you have one of those sites, then the betterment charges needs to be paid for the 1 acre even though you may have only a 30x40 or 40x60 site in that and again khatha will be issued only on the 1 acre and not on your site. So as per the current BBMP order, it is impossible to get a 'A' khatha for a 'B' khatha site. The current Govt order benefits only apartments that have come up on the entire land and not the individual sites... Even though you can get B khatha sites for lower rates than the ones with 'A' khatha, It is a pain if you want to get a loan or construct a building on them'. Only Akrama-Sakrama can solve this. There is a court hearing on April 18 regarding Akrama-sakrama and let us see what happens.

Regards,
Selva
karthink

A Khata vs B Khata : Ferns Rainbow Residency

Post by karthink »

Hello,
I heard that one can get building plan approval from BBMP even you have B khata. One such example is Ferns:Rainbow Residency on Sarjapur road, they dont seem to be having A khata but there are many buildings under construction.
Though I have not verified this fact by myself, this is what one of my friend who has a site there tells me.

As many many houses have come up in this layout, does it mean that people dont bother much whether they get A or B khata? I know this layout is good.

Thanks
Karthik
kalidas

Post by kalidas »

I would guess that B Khata is enuf for approval from bbmp for construction. There are many non bda approved layouts where I see a lot of construction happening. Surely they dont have a A Khata.
sk1976

Post by sk1976 »

BBMP does not sanction building plans of 'B' khatha properties. I have confirmed this many times and this is what most people with B khatha plots do.

- All the construction on the 'B' khatha properties happen without the BBMP approval and BBMP guys don't mind the same as long as you adequately grease their palms. Even BWSSB and BESCOM provide connections to such properties. Usually people
use the local corporator as the primary contact to handle all these agencies that will regularly harass you during construction.

- I have also heard that there are unscrupulous agents out there helping with Fake plan approval(It means that you will get documents that appear to have been approved by BBMP, but there will be no entry in BBMP records) to get loan sanction. So for all practical purposes, the construction remains unauthorized.
- State owned banks don't provide loans for B khatha plots as there will not be BBMP approval for building plan unless you submit a fake plan. I don't know the consequences of submitting the fake plan for loan approval. However there are some Housing finance companies like Repco, LICHFL , DHFL that seem to fund construction on B khatha properties even without BBMP approved plan. Read the following post as well
http://www.mybdasites.com//viewtopic.php?f=13&t=1378
bkvenu

Post by bkvenu »

Hi,
I just came across with your discussions on A khata and plan approval. I have a complete different scenario on this issue.
We have a site at Peenya 2nd stage and it comes under BBMP. It was a B khata when we brought the site. We managed to get the A katha month before from the BBMP ward office of the area. The person whom we have dealt with is a BBMP appointed personal, so I had to trust him.
Now we are ready to construct the house and applied for plan approval. I have given a DD of Rs 6300/- for plan approval. I enquired about the status yesterday and may be get the approved plan in a day or two.
About the betterment charges, he says government has not started accepting it. So they took an affidavit during submitting for plan approval saying, I would pay the betterment charges when govt orders.
But for all this I had to shell out a huge amount as bribe, and I not able to digest it till now.

Venu
sk1976

Post by sk1976 »

Good to know that you could get 'A' khatha for your plot. BBMP ward office guys asked me also a huge bribe(several lakhs for 40x60 DC converted site) for providing the khatha. But there again he was putting lot of riders saying that I still need to pay betterment charges when Akrama-sakrama is finalized. When I cross checked through some other sources about the same, I was advised that it is not worth spending few lakhs just for the khatha and I was also not sure whether I will get a genuine khatha as BBMP guidelines on betterment collection seem to exclude sites that have been carved from a bigger DC converted land. Was your site carved from another DC converted land or your site itself was DC converted?
karthink

Post by karthink »

Hi,
I am really surprised that you were able to get the A khata. It is encouraging! The status of my layout is, DC converted, Not approved by BDA, paid betterment charges to the BDA (as the layout is amidst Anjanapura BDA township), applied for Akrama-Sakrama and waiting forever!

Some have got B khata and some of us are still thinking whether it is really worth. Any suggestion on whether it will work out if we approach BBMP from our residents' association?
Thanks
Karthik
bkvenu

Post by bkvenu »

Hi,
Karthik, this very surpirse. you paid the betterment charges? we were told that govt has not orderd BBMP to collect the betterment charges. if you had paid the charges then why dint you got the khata? this is really strange.
And some person in BBMP said when Akaram-sakram gets resloved then, If a person pays the betterment charges then his DC site will automatically gets converted into A katha. Don't know how far is this true and when is this going to happen.

At last we got the plan approved with A katha.,many people in our ward got the A katha and approval. Dont why this is not same in other wards.
For sure guys if you talk to 10 diff BBMP people, damn sure you will get 10 diff answers & suggestions.
csat

Post by csat »

Venu,

You must be the only person in the "internet world" from bangalore who has received a A khata order for a bifurcated site carved out of a bigger DC converted site. :) Good for you. As per BBMP circular, as of today, this is possible only if the layout carved out of the bigger land is BDA approved only then it is possible.

If you can let us know the technical grounds on which this was possible, it will greatly help others. Also, did you give any affidavit stating that you will "pay penalty" or something once akrama-sakrama takes effect? Please please do write back... eagerly waiting.

congrats and wish you good luck

Return to “Regularisation”