Neighbor Occupied part of site - Need Help!

alluvignesh

Neighbor Occupied part of site - Need Help!

Post by alluvignesh »

Hello!

I bought a 30 x 50 BDA site last year and later I came to know that my neighbor had occupied about 150 Sqft of my site when he constructed his house. He has built the side walk with the compound wall and a small toilet at back of his house in that 75 sqft. I was onshore for a project for a while and I came to know all about this when returened to India. I tried to talk to the neighbor and it didn't work out well. He says, I can use the compound wall as a common wall between the two plots which I don't agree to it.

Since I'm new to real estate, I'm not sure how to proceed further.I want my 150 Sqft back and I want to demolish the compound wall that my neighbor has built on my site. Pls. help me, any suggestions will be greatly appreciated!

Thanks,
Vignesh
m3_07

Re: Neighbor Occupied part of site - Need Help!

Post by m3_07 »

since this is a bda site, meet up with the deputy secretary of that zone. If this still does not work out, you could meet the commissioner too. This is the advantage you will have as this is a BDA site.
arjun.surendra04

Post by arjun.surendra04 »

One of my acquaintances did this - He demolished the wall of the neighbours who had encroached into his property when they were not at home. Then he bought a court stay order the next day against any re-construction till the issue is settled in court. Which means they couldnt build back the wall without violating court order. After a few months they came to agreeable terms and agreeed. If you bring a court stay order without demolishing then they will wait out the whole period with nothing to loose.
alluvignesh

Post by alluvignesh »

m3_07 wrote:since this is a bda site, meet up with the deputy secretary of that zone. If this still does not work out, you could meet the commissioner too. This is the advantage you will have as this is a BDA site.
Thank you, m3_07! I really appreciate your help!
alluvignesh

Post by alluvignesh »

arjun.surendra04 wrote:One of my acquaintances did this - He demolished the wall of the neighbours who had encroached into his property when they were not at home. Then he bought a court stay order the next day against any re-construction till the issue is settled in court. Which means they couldnt build back the wall without violating court order. After a few months they came to agreeable terms and agreeed. If you bring a court stay order without demolishing then they will wait out the whole period with nothing to loose.
Thanks, arjun.surendra04! I really appreciate your suggestion! Let me talk to the neighbor one more time and see what he has to tell. Thanks again!
kirankumars

Post by kirankumars »

alluvignesh - Were you able to resolve the issue?

Return to “Regularisation”