BDA yet to approve layout plan

Eagcres

BDA yet to approve layout plan

Post by Eagcres »

Even after eight long years, there seems to be no end to the woes of thousands of site allottees in the controversial Arkavathy Layout. The BDA has dropped a bombshell — its town-planning wing is yet to approve the 1,500-acre project.
Responding to an RTI query filed by advocate B G Rajashekar, BDA has stated: “The town-planning wing of BDA has not yet approved the revised plan of Arkavathy Layout.”
After the government agreed to make farmers the stakeholders, there was a need to revise the layout plan. For those farmers who had not accepted the monetary compensation, the government had agreed to part with 40% of the developed land to them. Following this, BDA had to revise the layout plan and get approval. Getting the revised layout plan approval is essential because the plan delineates the extent of road, open space and site space.
Site allottees are the worst affected. “When I went to see my site six months ago, the farmers warned me against another visit. We are living in fear, and I’ve not been able to pay property tax for the site my father bought after ten attempts. It is shocking that the layout’s plan has not got approval,” says Sanjay Merlecha, a site allottee.
WHAT BDA SAYS
BDA’s town planner Thirukana Gowdar says: “Our wing hasn’t given the approval. It’s stuck with either the engineering section or land acquisition officials at BDA.’’
WE WILL MOVE COURT
What has BDA done in
the past eight years
about the layout? We’ll
not allow BDA to take up any other layout till it comes clean on this. We’ll move court.’’ — Sanjay Merlecha | SITE ALLOTTEE
TIMES VIEW
The BDA’s apathy will distress thousands of site allottees waiting for nearly a decade. Shockingly, even a Supreme Court verdict upholding allotment seems to have had no impact. Arkavathy has taken centre stage once property prices in North Bangalore started rising dramatically. The land acquisition got swamped by litigation rather unprecedented in earlier layout formations. This raises questions about the reasons for the delay. There’s more to it than meets the eye. ‘BDA is deceiving ryots’
Bangalore: With the Bangalore Development Authority (BDA) yet to give approval to the revised Arkavathy Layout plan, both site allottees and farmers are hit hard. The farmers have called it an act of deception.
D S Gowda, president of Raitha Horata Samithi, which has been fighting for the rights of farmers whose land has been acquired by BDA for different infrastructure projects, said: “After BDA declared that 40% of the land will be shared with the farmers, the civic agency should have done a reorganisation of the entire layout. This decision has made an impact on the allotment too. It is essential for BDA to clear the air. Unless the farmers are given their share, they will not cooperate for the layout formation. BDA is deceiving both farmers and site allottees.’’
ARKAVATHY SAGA
Government plans Arkavathy Layout in 2003 with 20,000 sites. BDA identifies 3,900 acres for acquisition in preliminary notification
Issues final notification in 2004 of acquiring 2,750 acres
Due to opposition from farmers, BDA allots only 8,813 sites in 2010
As per the 60:40 compensation formula, BDA was to retain 60% land for distribution of sites, and farmers 40%
Acquires land in the following villages: Jakkur, Venkateshapura, Bairatti Kane, Dasarahalli, Nagawara, Kempapura, Geddalahalli, Chelikere, Sampigehalli, Hennur, K Narayanapura, Thanisandra, Rachenahalli, Amruthahalli, Hebbal and Sriramapura.

http://blog.propertynice.com/bda-yet-to ... yout-plan/
parkom

Re: BDA yet to approve layout plan

Post by parkom »

This is atrocious indeed. Classic case of apathy from BDA shown towards people who invested their hard earned money 8 years back. On the 40% land being allotted to the farmers, I suspect these sites wi.l be put up for resale by the farmers at a much higher price. Does the 10 year lockin period apply to these sites as well?
All the art of living lies in a fine mingling of letting go and holding on....

Return to “Arkavathy Layout”