Still hoping for a site in Arkavathy Layout.

santosh patil

Still hoping for a site in Arkavathy Layout.

Post by santosh patil »

Hi,

Its been almost a year now, since my last post. I had almost given up the fight for a site, until very recently the new rates of the sites in Arkavathy layout were announced. It looks everything is settled down with the 60 : 40 rule by the state govt, where the 40% of the land developed will be given back to the farmers and rest 60% to the long waiting allot tees.

I went to BDA office a month ago, when this buzz happened when the new site rates were out, got to now the current secretary at the BDA is a clean hand (not corrupt). I directly approached him. For those of you who haven't read my previous posts. I have been trying to get a site which is not allotted to me, yes a site not allotted to me cause, BDA has missed few of our docs and they have failed to allot a site to us.

My dad is a state govt employee, he has made 7 attempts in getting a site from BDA and he was 53 years when the 2nd phase allotment list was announced. The last person allotted with a 30x40 site had made 5 attempts and was 52 years under state govt employee quota. Sites are purely allotted depending on the number of attempts and seniority of age. BDA official some how missed out our details, failed to announce my dad name in the list.

Now, just because they missed out the data, now my dad has been waiting for almost 30 years for a site should not go for a waste, Right????? 30 long years.

So, i pulled out the docs through RTI(Right to Information Act), found out there were only 3 attempts in the BDA record, where as we have 7 attempts with sufficient receipts and valid proof with us. Raised a review request in year 2006, which was not followed up by anyone.

Now back at Secretary office. I took all the documents, my review request, Acknowledgment, Spoke to the Secretary in a public meeting. Luckily this time he should an interest in looking at my request, last time when i was at BDA office i had spoken with Commissioner Mr.Meena, who simply said "Cant Help".

This secretary now looks into my request, signs on it stating that the application should be reviewed and discussed.
I had been running around people since 2006 and none of the even looked at the request. Now i follow up twice every week with the BDA officials on the process. Its been a month now and the file has been to computer section where they check the number attempts which is present in their records. Once its followed we will get to know what should be done next.

There are many Review applications which have been put forward, cause i see people coming in to check. If there are any people who have genuinely missed out of the allotment, then now is the time (Right time) to raise their voice, get the docs corrected and fight for a Site.

Any suggestion are welcome on how to follow up this issue further. Please feel free to share your thoughts.
Thank you for reading the post.
msn1270

Re: Still hoping for a site in Arkavathy Layout.

Post by msn1270 »

An example of power of RTI Tool which is not used by Majority of the public.

Now people can get the docucments, and find out the loop holes and question the authorities with proof.
santosh patil

Post by santosh patil »

Ya... So true.... Latest update.... Our application has been reviewed, Initially they said it was 3 attempts, now on the database it shows 5 attempts, but we are not letting it go. We have done 7 attempts, will update the records ASAP and ask for the site in Arkavathy Layout. Hope the work progress a little quicker.
msn1270

Post by msn1270 »

Santosh

if you have all proofs in place, why don't you consult an advocate to explore the opportunity to file a case against BDA at Consumer Court for "Lapse of Service".
santosh patil

Post by santosh patil »

Hi,
I had been to BDA office today, visited the section called DS1 in BDA. I spoke to the case worker about our file. He has taken the original acknowledgment and has filed them to our file. He said "The database will be update with our attempts" Once the Database is update. I will again get a RTI copy to check the number of attempts made by my dad. Then ask for a site if it doesn't work. Then start of with the court procedure. The only doubt is will they take consider of such case in allotting the site in last phase of the Arkavathy layout. Already about 9000 sites are allotted out of 20000. now this new 60 : 40 rule... Don't know how many sites will be available for the applicants.

Surprisingly.... here in this blog.. i have never seen any blogger who has legitimate attempts, but is left out from the allotment list.... Its only me voicing out, feels like i'm the only one being unlucky :(

i had approached an advocate (friend) few months ago, he told that he has contacts in BDA and will check and let us know.... he came back saying.... The docs will be updated and file will be put up for allotment, and a site in arkavathy layout will also be aloted... but they are asking for 60% of site amount as bribe. Current rate for a 30 x 40 site in arkavathy is 10lakh which was 2.5lakh in 2004. so 6 lakh bribe and 10 lakh for the site... Uff..... really cant afford that...
Don't what is the market value of that site.... just imagine... 60% amount as bribe.... Really.. Real Estate... is a huge money business.
msn1270

Post by msn1270 »

Firstly for Arkavathy layout, nothing is finalised. So the allotment list can be revised anytime based on the final availabilty of the land and the no of sites made out of this land.

Secondly, its entirely BDA's mistake(manipulation) to leave out your father's eligibility consideration while processing the records. As they've a clear cut-off criteria, if your father's application falls within that limit, they've to consider it even now by updating the records. Else its lapse of service from their side and always you can legally challenge them. There is no need of paying any bribe to anyone, when you are having clear elibigility. Those buggers want to take the advantage of the situation for doing nothing.

In this case, BDA is a Service Provider - they're the one who called for subscription from the public, set the Terms and Condition and Eligibility Criteria. Also they've taken the money in advance for the service they've promised to provide to the Customers. Being a Victim you have a clear edge in the legal process. This may take considerable amount of your personal time investment.
santosh patil

Post by santosh patil »

hi....

Thanks for suggestion.... will update the progress shortly. :)
santosh patil

Post by santosh patil »

A Good News and a Bad News....

Latest update is that, BDA has plans to allot site/Flat to the people who have genuine attempts. I found out from senior official stating that BDA has plans to give sites in either Arkavathy layout or Visveswaraya layout from the available sites. Our review request is still in progress... its still not update, since most of the senior officials have changed in BDA, now the file movement has slowed down. Almost no progress at all. Our file needs to be authorized by Commissioner of BDA. This new commissioner has to approve the update of database or it might by instructed to the officer to check the ledger (which will again cause delay). But faith is only our hope now. I heard due to shortage of land... BDA will construct Flats in Arkavathy layout and allot as much as allotees.
pknm

Post by pknm »

HI Santosh,
Not sure on the latest update from your end. However, everything seems such a scam in BDA. My father was alloted a 30*40 in 2006, and it is still not registered. Soncidering my father is about 65yrs now, he roams and roams to BDA office, everytime to get response "No Idea". How frustrating!!!
santosh patil

Post by santosh patil »

Hi pknm,

If the name is listed in that magic number 8813, then surely u can expect a site this march, 8813 allottees will get site. Just wait for few more weeks.

My dad is 61 now, did not get short listed back in 2006, for a 30x40 site, due to the mistake done by BDA. I'm still waiting/hoping something good to happen. There is no way we can buy site in Kempegowda layout (upcoming project - Calling for Applications in April 2014). its priced close to 18 Lakhs for a 30x40 site.

Its now or never.... Arkavathy :)

Return to “Arkavathy Layout”