Dump ground near Anjanapura 3rd A block/JP Nagar 9th phase

rkrishna

Dump ground near Anjanapura 3rd A block/JP Nagar 9th phase

Post by rkrishna »

There is a big dump ground on the anjanapura road that connects kanakapura road to Anjanpura. There are many BDA layouts surrounding this dump ground such as JP Nagar 9th phase, Anjanapura 2nd/3rd A block, Narayana Nagar 2nd block etc. Does anyone have any information on when this is likely to stop? I am looking for plots in this areas with the aim of constructing soon.
bsvenka

Re: Dump ground near Anjanapura 3rd A block/JP Nagar 9th pha

Post by bsvenka »

Dear Sir,

I`m Venkatesh BS just now got registered to this form. Having a site in Anjanapura 2 nd block(JP Nager 9th phase),recently i happen to meet the Area BDA supervisor when i asked him he told me that it may take around 3 years to stablise(my guess is BDA wants to fill the huge Quarry pit with mix of mud & BBMP waste in order to decompose)which is fenced a few months back. the above source of info is by word of mouth, no confirmation as such.
I`m tracking the development of this locality(JP Nager 9th phase,nr:2/3 rd block) since 2007,as of now
1. since JSR developers already constructed apartment and nebouring private layout plot owners also constructed a few houses.
2. Mangalya developers apts in full swing &
3. 80 feet road already in place connecting konunkunte-kanakapura road.BMTC Bus AS-1 ply from Banashankari to Avalahalli BDA Park.
4.Metro phase-II extending on Kanakapura road towards Anjanapura township.
5.In case BWSSB manage to complete laying pipe fr drinking water,the construction activity is going to flurish by the respective plot owners.
6.Of course no shops in neiborhood is a disadventage-at present one needs to travel at least 1-1.5 kms fr daily needs.

Thanks & Regards
rkrishna

Post by rkrishna »

Thanks, Venkatesh.

I also noticed that the surrounding areas are developing though the pace of development is slower than layouts on the other side of amruthahalli main road. The dump ground activity would also arrest development in the short term around the site location but in the long term it will develop for sure. Unfortunately, the environmental impact (such as ground water contamination) due to the dump ground activity will persist for many years around the dump ground site.

"Metro phase-II extending on Kanakapura road towards Anjanapura township"
Is not metro phase II going along kanakapura road to Thalagattapura?
bsvenka

Post by bsvenka »

Dear Krishna,

I don`t think the dump ground is making any remarkable ground water contimanation since the dump pit being the stone quarry percolation & spreading the contimanation is expected less(when compare to natural soil ground) which may possibly again self cleansed by underground soil itself.
we can check & make sure the bore water if anyone in the vicinity put a borewell.
My Metro phase-II extension based on news paper reports,awaiting DPR prepration fr Phase-II once it is announced we have a clear picture/details about nearby Metro stations.

Regards.
rkrishna

Post by rkrishna »

The map in wikipedia shows that metro phase II is going towards nice road. Anjanapura township station in the map seems to be the nice road intersection.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Namma_Metro_Phase_2_Line_Map.png
There are unconfirmed reports that metro will extend up to art of living ashram in future.

I have seen an alternate map where metro takes a deviation towards anjanapura layout from thalagattapura. I do not know how the geography of this location will allow this plan.

I think we will never know until all the soil testing is complete. One may recall that kanakapura road was never in the original metro plan. It was supposed to go to puttenahalli instead.

The impacts of landfill also can be read in wikipedia. Note that developed countries follow much more scientific ways to manage landfills than we do.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Landfill
The short term impacts are poisonous smoke generated by burning waste, impact to the roads due to heavy duty vehicles carrying waste and unhygienic conditions around the site location.
In the long term, quarry will definitely make the ground water contamination less serious if appropriate precautions are taken but one can never know if any leakage occurs. I guess this may impact downstream locations more. One also can not escape the methane gas generated when the waste decays.
shak

Post by shak »

Metro via Puttenahalli road will not come as far as I know , to Anjanapura it will be the kanakapura road metro line extended as per the present reports.
rkrishna

Post by rkrishna »

@shak, the question is whether metro will go to anjanapura via the double road (with high tension wire) from kanakapura road or there is an alternate route to reach anjanapura after thalagattapura on kanakapura road or whether metro will only go along kanakapura main road till Nice road junction.
bsvenka

Post by bsvenka »

As for the geography, after Metro mall on Kanakapura rd,if METRO has to take a turn towerds East in order to reach Anjanapura township there is no road either 60/80 feet wide road after Gubbala cross( HT wire rd)to accomadate metro till Nice road jn,at Nice rd jn if metro phase-II has to turn towerds east on the nice rd itself to reach Anjanapura township.
If in case Metro phase-II happens to continue on Kanakapura road(towerds south)beyond Nice rd jn and further till Ravishankar ashrama,then Gubala gate metro station(may be) is around 2.5-3 kms fm 2/3rd block Anjanapura.
rkrishna

Post by rkrishna »

right - there is also a proposed 60 feet road that goes through BCC layout (starting from opposite Suraj Ganga apartments). The connection from this road to Anjanapura will have a very steep down slope and it does not seem easy to have metro planned along the road. Nice road seems like a possibility but there is no entry from anjanapura layout to nice road right? Also, will NICE authorities allow this?
sayishkn

Post by sayishkn »

Nandi Infrastructure Corridor Enterprises (NICE) has plans to launch its own Mono rail along the Nice Road, from Tumkur Road to E city.

Return to “Anjanapura - BDA”