Regularize deviation

manpg

Regularize deviation

Post by manpg »

Hi I would like to know if we need to follow 1 m set back for the residential construction. I have noticed that many people do not follow this, but on curiosity. And if we violate, how can I regularize it? How the deviation is calculated? What is the penalty? Since Anjanapura layout is still not under BBMP, are there any BDA specific rules? Any help on this will be greatly appreciated.

Thank you.
msn1270

Re: Regularize deviation

Post by msn1270 »

manpg,

Firstly why do you want to break the rules intentionally? Don't be selfish or greedy.
Adopting wrong things done by others is not a good example. You can also look for role models,
who have strictly followed the setback rules and not done any encroachments.

Think in a civilized way, be ethical and follow the rules, which are made for the benefit of everyone,
based on systematic n scientific methods. The Query you are posting is no more different than

1) Is there anything wrong jumping a Red signal at a Busiest junction & if get caught paying Rs. 100 is OK?
2) Is raping a Girl is an offense ?
3) Is Murdering an individual is a crime ?
4) Whats wrong if someone snatches a Gold Chain ?.
6) Why I should not demand Bribe ?
etc.
manpg

Post by manpg »

Thank you, but your response provoking. Did I say that I am going to break the rule? Did i not say that I am going to complain about any one? Did I say that I am going to rape some one?
At the same time, I would like to see your house in a 20 x 30 site by following all these rules in Bangalore city if you have. If it is a bigger site that you have and you left open space for tennis, give me some space for me to build a room.
msn1270

Post by msn1270 »

msnpg

I don't have any intention to provoke you. Take it in a positive way. Set back rules are not made just to avoid conflict among the neighbors. Its made for the health and safety of individuals.

1) BDA/BBMP or say any other approving authority doesn't allow violations for any size plots. Even 20X30 size plots doesn't have any special treatment. Only up to 5% deviation from the sanctioned plan can be regularized legally. If anyone question the "Need for following the Setback Rules", what is the next option left for him, Nothing but Violating it Right ?

2) 20X30 Size sites are meant for Economically weaker section, who can build maximum 1 BHK House of 4-5 sq area. Definitely not for those who want to go for a Duplex/triplex House. This is what In reality, Upper middle class people are building multi-storey buildings of 16-20 squares on this plots by completely violating all set back rules.

3) My personal opinion, I don't want to violate and build a big house in a 20X30 size. Instead I prefer to go for a next size plot and build a descent size ground floor, without violating set back rules.

4) Even if I have a big site with tennis court or open space, I retain it to have better healthy life for us. I don't want to become unhealthy in the long term due to deficiency of natural sun light/air.

Hope you agree with me.
Vimal

Post by Vimal »

Msn,

Can you explain how the setback rules help health and safety of individuals ? I tried searching the internet to find out details about the logic behind setback rules and could not find any. I cannot understand how rowhouses are allowed to build where there is a common wall on your left and right leaving space only in the front and back.

Thanks
Vimal
tvsh

Post by tvsh »

Vimal,

Have you come across BDA approved Row houses? These Row houses/Townhomes are a concept of the west. The requirements and conditions of the west are totally different. Ex: In colder climates, keeping houses together would save energy by reducing the energy needed to heat the house. Similarly, where there is usage of AC with air filters, the space around the house may not matter much. Indian rules are made for average Indian conditions, Hence leaving adequate space around the house will help in ventilation and sunlight. The setbacks defined are the "minimum" space one should leave around the house for adequate ventilation and sunlight. They are free to leave more.
Vimal

Post by Vimal »

tvsh,

Actually, row house term may be western but in reality such houses are plenty in india. You can bring sunlight using skylight and you can take care of ventilation using air tunnels. Unfortunately, the civil guys here are stuck with antique methods without serious thinking for revival. Also, I vaguely remember reading somewhere that setback rules are set by british blokes and we blindly follow them without questioning the actual benefit of it in the current situation. By the by, I live in bangalore and live in a bbmp approved row house. There are many such rowhouse/townhomes projects in bangalore.
blrsiteseeker

Post by blrsiteseeker »

if set backs were by British folks, then why are most houses in Britain row houses? Except for large mansions and castles, most are row houses (common walls on both sides).
Vimal

Post by Vimal »

because they adapt. we need to be told to adapt. by the by, a few years ago i read that in uk they are very short of space to bury dead body and they were seriously thinking to bury the dead in upright position ;-) It is plain simple economics. If there is a crunch all rules will go for a toss and take a backseat. Like uk, i have seen mostly rowhouses/townhomes in dense area such as sfo, ny, la, etc. where space goes for a premium.
tvsh

Post by tvsh »

Agreed, there are ways to create a healthy living conditions with airtunnels, sky lights, AC, etc. without having to force people to leave setbacks. How many of the violaters in Bangalore have used these techniques? very very few. Hence the need for these rules.

The setback rules are not cast in stone. they do change with revision of CDP. Case in point, look at CDP 2011 for Mysore and CDP2031, the setbacks are different. The origin of these might be from british, but they are being changed.

LA, SFO, NY are old cities and hence they do have lot of townhomes, but townhomes are considerably less in suburbs such as San jose, etc. Even those town homes have plenty of space in the front and back and generally, the streets are wider.

Return to “Anjanapura - BDA”