Site measurement less than actual

rakeshbs

Site measurement less than actual

Post by rakeshbs »

I am in discussion with a RE for a 40 * 60 site. Now we expected the total sq. ft to be 2400, but looks like (according to documents) BDA allots only 12 X 18 metres = 216 sq. mtrs = 2325 sq. ft.

The RE is of the opinion that even though the total sq.ft is 2325, it is still considered 40X60. I believe this is the case across Anjanapura, Visweswariah and BSK 6th stage BDA layouts. Some time after 2001, BDA has started doing this.

Have you guys faced such situation? Do you calculate the total amount as rate * 2325 or rate * 2400?

Thanks,
Rakesh
PlotGuy

Re: Site measurement less than actual

Post by PlotGuy »

There are several discussions related to this in this forum. The total amount is what the buyer and seller determine.
pvr59ksl

Post by pvr59ksl »

If it is a BDA site formed after the BDA introduced metric system in site measurements and the documents say that the measurements are in meters, then the site is 216 sq metres or 2325 sq ft. Vacant site owners have to be very careful as there is every chance that the neighboring site owners, by ingnorance, build their houses to full 40X60 or 30X40 measurement encroaching their neighbors ' sites.
selvanblr

Post by selvanblr »

@rakesh

did u measured the size of the plot ?
pvr59ksl

Post by pvr59ksl »

Hi all

I request all those BDA site allotees to check their site measurements. If they are in metres, please visit your site periodically, say once in 15 days. Many people are still clinging to feet measurements and cannot digest the fact that the BDA has switched over to metric system.

In my case my rear site persons have taken 20cms from my site stating that theirs is 20ftX30ft, which actually is 6 mtX9 mt. The site owner at my left is insisting that he wants 40 ft where as he is entitled to 12 metres only (ie 39.35 ft). So if you are not vigilant and is last to construct in a row of sites, when you construct you will find that you have lost substantially.

Return to “Anjanapura - BDA”