VENKAT.YOURS

can we construct house in KATHA B site

Post by VENKAT.YOURS »

Hi,
Can we construct house in KATHA B site?
Prashanth36

Re: can we construct house in KATHA B site

Post by Prashanth36 »

If its falls under panchayath then you can get plan approval from them. If its comes under BBMP limits and your khatha is "B" then they are not going to approve your plan.
VENKAT.YOURS

Post by VENKAT.YOURS »

Thanks for your reply Prashanth36, It comes under BBMP and Khatha B. So I won't get plan approve. Is it safe to construct with my hard earned saving money?
Prashanth36

Post by Prashanth36 »

You can construct but it wont be safe. One or the other day demolition may happen since its un-authorized according to BBMP. I doubt about getting connection frm KEB/BWSSB and other departments in these cases. Its safe to get convert it into "A" khata before construction.
VENKAT.YOURS

Post by VENKAT.YOURS »

OK Thanks for your info. can we convert now from B Khata to A Khata"? BBMP is not collecting betterment TAX.
mramki_77

Post by mramki_77 »

I think you will get Bescom and water connection (if it is already present in your area). These connections has nothing to do with A khata. Pay for the connection and get it. But your house might not be safe since you do not have BBMP approval and there is a chance of demolition.

Thanks
Ram
ardesarchitects

Post by ardesarchitects »

HI venkat,
With khata- "B" you cannot construct a building legally.But then there are thousands of building constructed with out premission in new bbmp areas.With the recent supreme court order bbmp is supposed to issue A- khata and then think about betterment charges collection.There are more than 1 lakh sites in Bangalore surroundings left empty due to B-Khata issues.

Regards
Ar.Praveen.N
Ardes Architects and Interior Designer
ardesarchitects@gmail.com
Vimal

Post by Vimal »

Yes, you can construct an house in B Khatha site. As long as you have proper papers and your plot is not carved out of encroachment land & free from encumbrance then why not. As you will not get building approval plan for B khatha site, make sure you follow by-laws of BBMP/BDA & leave proper setbacks etc.,

Vimal
VENKAT.YOURS

Post by VENKAT.YOURS »

Thanks to all for providing information.
kbvs

Post by kbvs »

One of my relative got "A khata" in Kengeri without paying better charges. He paid abt 30k to get the A khata (earlier he had "B" Khata). He now has got khata certificate and extract. The only issue, there no "entry" available (i.e., you cannot get the info on BBMP website - details of khata). he inquired with BBMP guys and they told him that it will take another 6 months for the entry.
What are implications of not having the "entry" and does this affect if we go for any bank loan (nationalised banks)?

Return to “Rules,Acts,Legal”