Legal clarification required for buying a site

nagsbhat

Legal clarification required for buying a site

Post by nagsbhat »

Hello Murali,
I have finalized a plot in a BDA approved layout. I have done all legal verification myself and it is clear. However, the date mentioned in the sale deed (29/04/2003) is different than the actual registration date (30/05/2003). The owner is saying on 29/04/2003 the society person did not come and it was registered on a different date with the subregistrar.

Please let me know if this is an issue.

Regards,
Nag
tvsh

Re: Legal clarification required for buying a site

Post by tvsh »

I think the document can be registered within four months of the date of execution (signature). So it should be fine.

http://www.karnataka.gov.in/karigr/faq/ ... uments.htm

Q 26

Is there time limit to present a document for registration after it is executed (signed)?
Ans

a. Document may be presented for registration within four months from the date of execution (signature).

b. If a document is executed out of India, the period of four months will be counted from the date of its receipt in India.

c. After four months document may be presented within another four months with penalty subject to maximum of ten times the registration fees if the District Registrar grants permission. But document may be presented before Sub Registrar within eight months. Thereafter it cannot be accepted for registration. (For details please see Rule 52 of Karnataka Registration Rules, 1965).
nagsbhat

Re: Legal clarification required for buying a site

Post by nagsbhat »

Thank you so much for your reply. It is very helpful.

Regards,
Nag

Return to “Rules,Acts,Legal”