Impact of plan approval without bribe

rajeevanand

Impact of plan approval without bribe

Post by rajeevanand »

Hi

I'm planning to construct a house on a 30x40 site. GF parking + FF + SF + Open terrace (4 brooms 1 kitchen 1 common bath 2 toilets)

I came to know that there is a sanction plan and a working plan which are different. I also heard that a bribe needs to be paid to get a plan approval (which is different from the actual one).

I'm against paying any bribe to these corrupt bbmp officials. Is there a way to get the plan approval without taking the bribe route ?

To get an idea, where all is bribe expected and what are the typical amounts ? Does it exceed over 1 lakh?

Please guide. Has anyone done the same?

Thanks in advance.

Regards
Solar / Water / Organic gardening
arunthl

Re: Impact of plan approval without bribe

Post by arunthl »

SAKALA would be good for you and you can apply online for "approval" as you are constructing on a 30x40.
http://www.bbmp.gov.in/web/guest/building-permits

Call 080-44554455 for more details or clarifications and any contact person details.

It is a very good service and introduced to avoid bribe and respective officer will be held responsible to do things in said time. Mentioned in SAKALA website that, plan would need to be approved in 30 days if all the documents are ok.

ಹೆಜ್ಜೆ ವಿವರಣೆ ದಿವಸಗಳು ಹುದ್ದೆ
1 2.00 Case Worker
2 12.00 Superintendent
3 7.00 Manager
4 5.00 Superintendent
5 4.00 Superintendent
rajeevanand

Post by rajeevanand »

Thank you very much for the input. Are there any other areas where bribe is expected ? On one of the topics I saw that a member ended up paying upto 3 lacs just in bribes and approvals.
tvsh

Post by tvsh »

rajeevanand wrote:Hi

I'm planning to construct a house on a 30x40 site. GF parking + FF + SF + Open terrace (4 brooms 1 kitchen 1 common bath 2 toilets)

I came to know that there is a sanction plan and a working plan which are different. I also heard that a bribe needs to be paid to get a plan approval (which is different from the actual one).

I'm against paying any bribe to these corrupt bbmp officials. Is there a way to get the plan approval without taking the bribe route ?

Regards
Law requires that the working plan should match sanctioned plan. But this is rarely done. Paying bribes is a corrupt act, so is construction in violation of the sanctioned plan. I wish those who oppose corruption, oppose all forms of corruption.

Good Luck with your house construction.
rajeevanand

Post by rajeevanand »

Also would like to know if we have freedom to plan as we like inside the house or not ? Is the byelaw applicable only to setbacks, no. of floors, height, etc ? I'm not going to deviate from these byelaws, but the plan for my requirements maybe different from what bbmp may subscribe for the plan inside the house. I'm worried about this.

Please clarify.

Thanks
Rajeev
tvsh

Post by tvsh »

BDA is only concerned with FAR ratio and setbacks to a large extent. They do have limitations on the number of houses one can build. Other than that, how one choose to design the interior of the house is not the concern of BDA/BBMP. When the engineer visited my house for "completion report", He did not even come inside the house, he measured the overall dimension of the site, set backs,etc. I have GF +FF on a 60x40 site and a single house, so there is no FAR violations as such. This is in Mysore. The visit was from an engineer from mysore city corporation.
rajeevanand

Post by rajeevanand »

Thank you.. that helps..
rajeevanand

Post by rajeevanand »

My plan is pretty much finalised. It would be GF (with parking) + FF. I'm leaving setbacks (Front 4ft, Back 3ft, sides 3ft).

I hope this is as per bye laws. Its confusing that the byelaws give measurements in meters and all over bangalore metrics is in feet.

It would be helpful if someone clarifies if this is good to go as a second opinion. Then I can apply for plan approval online and avoid bribing.

Thanks
prabhu422p

Post by prabhu422p »

What is FAR allowed if road width is 18m(60feet) in BBMP limits?

Thanks
Prabhakar

Return to “Rules,Acts,Legal”