My Vacant Site - Some brokers are planning to sell it

dileepramesh

My Vacant Site - Some brokers are planning to sell it

Post by dileepramesh »

I have a vacant site in Hosakerehalli, South Bangalore. One of my friends who stays near that plot told me that he saw a few people roaming around my plot. When I went to check it out, I saw three people who were standing on my plot. They told me that they were planning to buy my plot from a broker. I could not get more information from them. I am worried that some brokers are trying to illegally sell my plot to somebody. What are the steps that I can take in this situation.
These are the things that I thought of. Please let me know what else I can do.

1. Put a fencing and a board that the site belongs to me.
2. Give a notice in the newspaper that the site belongs to me.
3. Keep a security guard for the site, for the next one month.
blrsiteseeker

Re: My Vacant Site - Some brokers are planning to sell it

Post by blrsiteseeker »

get an encumberance certificate for about 10 or 12 years and make sure that it is still on your name (and no one else has got an entry in it).

Put up a board at the site with the following info - "site belongs to (your name)" and it is not for sale.
msn1270

Re: My Vacant Site - Some brokers are planning to sell it

Post by msn1270 »

dileep

Nowadays these things are becoming very common as some corrupt minded realtors are involved into these new things.
To confirm no one has made any surprises with your site title,

1) Firstly are you paying the tax for your site regularly every year (in the month of April -May) ?

2) If yes, in what name received the last tax payment made for the year 2014-15 ?

3) Get an EC from the time you purchased the site till the date?

if everywhere your name is appearing properly, then you need not worry. Mostly, Some one might be trying to pose himself
as "you" with fake documents and trying to take the advantage of the situation.

All you need to do is just to follow what is prescribed in the earlier response i.e put a fence and put a hoarding, which
mentions site is not for sale. Also file a police case, saying someone is trying to grab your land and better place a warning
notice in multiple newspapers at the earliest.

Return to “Rules,Acts,Legal”