Regarding purchase of landowner site in BSK 6th stage

dileepramesh

Regarding purchase of landowner site in BSK 6th stage

Post by dileepramesh »

Hi,

I am looking to buy a plot in BSK 6th stage and currently evaluating an offer which turns out to be a land owner's plot. The compensated plot has been sold by the farmer to another person a few years back who intends to sell it to me now. My lawyer has evaluated the papers and has asked for additional documents like family tree etc for additional verification. Lawyer says existing documents are fine pending family tree verification and if that passes, it is safe to buy the plot. My questions :-

1) Could a minor in the farmer's family later on go to court, on becoming a majority, claiming rights on the plot?
2) What if family tree itself doesn't give full picture of the farmer's family? i.e he could have a 2nd wife which may not be reflected in the family tree.
3) Is there any difference between landowner's plot and direct allotee plot other than that former is considered ancestral and the latter is not. Both of them are considered pakka BDA plots?

Plot location is good and within my budget. The only concern is that it is a landowner's plot. Has anybody here bought a similar plot in BSK 6th stage or any other BDA layouts? Could you please share your experience?
jackalbda

Re: Regarding purchase of landowner site in BSK 6th stage

Post by jackalbda »

I would suggest not to go for this , but we had done a deal like this in Anjanapura . But the difference here was ..

1. The original land ( which was given by person say X to BDA for layout development ) , had the original sale deed mentioning clearly , it was purchased by his own self earned money and he is selling it for meeting his personal financial requirement.
2. It was person X selling to us not somebody who had purchased from X.
3. X's family members ( again no confirmation that they are the only family members !! ) had all come for registration and we had made his wife consenting witness and single daughter mere witness . But this is not a perfect solution ( read below ) at all, but we insisted.

In your case ( I assume a couple of things here )

1. Mr.X would have inherited it and very unlikely there is a mention that it was a land purchased by his own money.
2. It is not the farmer selling to you but someone who has bought from person X ( does not matter much here though ).

In any case, point 1 above is the crucial one here. If it is not there, you get into all sorts of things like family tree etc, which in my opinion, is never fool proof. Who knows , he had an illegitimate wife and kids !!. I understand that it is the Village Office or equivalent official , signing the Family Tree, but again, fighting against these bureaucrats/system, would be the last thing you would choose, am sure.
nagsbhat

Post by nagsbhat »

Just a precaution: There is a site that was earmarked for Hospital and later landowner got compensation as that site. The site was on main road, future commercial
dileepramesh

Post by dileepramesh »

Thank you both for your replies. Yes, it is indeed risky to buy such a site for it is difficult to establish the family hierarchy of the land owner correctly with 100% confidence. Even after lawyer's assurance, there won't be a peace of mind for there is always a fear of someone related to landowner popping up suddenly and causing trouble. What's the root cause of this problem? If a minor in the land owner's family can go to court on becoming a majority to dispute the transaction done when he/she was a minor then clearly the law related to such transactions is broken and needs to be updated.

Return to “Rules,Acts,Legal”