Why BSK6 makes me happy

rahulbohra

Why BSK6 makes me happy

Post by rahulbohra »

It's been close to 3 years since I purchased my first piece of land in BSK6. It was after a lot of research that I finally decided on buying into BSK6. Being my first property I wanted to play it safe and limited my buying options to BSK6, SMV and Anjanapura. I shall not comment on SMV and Anjanapura but BSK6 had some obvious advantages over the other layouts. My personal opinion -

1) Better planned, not many villages and private layouts
2) Wide roads - 100 feet and two 80 feet roads providing good connections to various parts of the city
3) Nice clover leaf junction and the possibility that BSK6 may have entry/exit points to the link road and peripheral road
4)I knew that not much is going to change in the short term in terms of people living in this area. However, I believed that if BDA completes all the development work it's not going to be long before people move into this area in big nos.

In the last 3 years I have made it a point to visit the area every 3 months. And the many changes with regard to infrastructure that I have seen makes me feel stronger about my decision to buy into BSK6. I recently visited the area and here is a short report -

FYI, I took the NICE link road from ORR near PESIT and exited at Somapura(BSK6 7th BLK). The toll I paid is 25 rs. It was a breeze driving on this road and took just 5 min to cover the 8km distance from ORR to BSK6. I guess this put's to rest the endless discussions on whether or not BSK6 will have entry/exit to NICE.

1) 100 feet road - tarred from BSK 10th block on Kengeri side to Kanakapura road. It's a long 6-7 KM (probably more) stretch making it among the longest 100ft roads in all BDA layouts in the city. The portion that passes through a small forest area near 3rd block was in conflict. This has been resolved now and the road widened.

2) 80 feet road - tarred from the junction with the other 80 feet road to Kanakapura road. Again it's a long 3-4KM stretch. There were lots of portions in conflict. Everything is resolved now and the road widened.

3) 80 feet road - tarred from junction with 100 feet road near 3rd BLK BDA complex to Uttarahali-Kengeri road. This is a 2KM stretch running perpendicular to the 100 feet and the other 80 feet road

4) Nice Peripheral/Link road - the entry/exit ramps are all completed. BSK6 is the only BDA layout in the city that has entry/exit points to the Nice peripheral and link roads. This is a huge advantage. It's a breeze if you have to travel towards Housur road/Electronic City, BG Road, Mysore road, Tumkur road. The link road makes for quick travel into the City. You can get to Outer Ring Road near PESIT(which is completed) or to Mysore Road/Vijayanagar(which is under construction).

5) All other internal roads - 60 feet, 40 feet and 30 feet internal roads are all tarred. The only portion left untouched is the disputed area between 5th/3rd block. Not sure about the progess in this conflict with the forest dept.

6) I have to admit that in these 3 years I have not seen the kind of construction that I had expected. Nonetheless, it's far far better than it was in 2007. 7th block has seen lots of houses coming up. The area on either side of the 100 feet road near 3rd & 4th block is hot property. There are lots of houses here, probably a few hundred.

Everything that BDA had to do to make this area livable has been done. Except for water which is understandable. It is now left to the site owners to start building houses and move in. I would like to think that in the next 3 years, this area is set for a big change.

I am a resident of Bangalore for the last 28 years. Let people not forget that it took HSR layout 10 years to be where it is today. Same for Jayaanagar, Kormangala, Indiranagar and all the other well planned BDA layouts.

-Rahul
BengaluruBoy

Re: Why BSK6 makes me happy

Post by BengaluruBoy »

all points are correct. unfortunately you have entered in the wrong time. you could have bought the site lesser than what it was in 2007. don't forget that you will be paying EMI or loosing bank interest if bought in cash (which was upto 10.5 %) for almost 3 years.
msn1270

Post by msn1270 »

There is no doubt that, BSK 6th Stage is a good place and has great opportunities for future growth compared to SMV. I'm not sure about Anjanapura, as i've not visited there and also not heard much opinion about it.

Just for curiosity, in the last 3 years, what is the value of your plot now w.r.t your investment?
idlebrain

Post by idlebrain »

Nice analysis Rahul :)
rrachuri

Post by rrachuri »

Yes, there is no doubt that it is the best place and has great opportunities for future growth. Myself and few of my friends have purchased sites in this area and planning to collectively build in near future. Regarding the improvements, the BDA has begun to plant saplings along the pavements. Nice to see things gaining momentum in this area.
mith123

Post by mith123 »

is it better to buy a 20*30 plot in BSK 6th stage or Sir MV layout?
mramki_77

Post by mramki_77 »

I understand that BSK 6 shall become very good for living. But what about the distances to offices. I see that all offices are at Whitefield or outer ring road and the rate of addition of new offices at these places is much more higher than electronic city (accessible place from BSK6). So commuting is still a problem from BSK6 stage. I think we cannot depend on Metro. The gov might be saying that it will be ready 2011 end. But everybody knows that it will be in some shape only by 2013.
So I think Arkavathy is better for investment and living (if BDA is able to solve its problems in Arkavathy).
Take the example of AECS Layout layout in Kundanahalli. 6 years back both BSK6 stage and AECS Layour were almost at the same rate. Now site value in AECS layout is 4000 per sft. Also 80 % is fully occupied.
Economic activity has greater influence than the living conditions.
Finally above opinion is my personal opinion. Comments are welcome.

Thanks
Ram
bglsrini

Post by bglsrini »

Hi,
I have a site in prime & beautiful location alloted to me By BDA in Bsk 6th stage 6th block, west facing , 15th site from 100' Road and close to proposed BDA complex building.Expected rate is RS.2400/- sightly negotiable.Intrested persons who wanted to buy/invest please mail to bglsrini@gmail.com
Brokers please excuse.
suhasravi3

Post by suhasravi3 »

bglsrini wrote:
February 8th, 2011, 11:02 am
Hi,
I have a site in prime & beautiful location alloted to me By BDA in Bsk 6th stage 6th block, west facing , 15th site from 100' Road and close to proposed BDA complex building.Expected rate is RS.2400/- sightly negotiable.Intrested persons who wanted to buy/invest please mail to bglsrini@gmail.com
Brokers please excuse.
Now its Rs.12400/sqft :D

Return to “BSK IV to VI BDA”