Agricultural land in Mysore or BDA site for investment

rao121

Agricultural land in Mysore or BDA site for investment

Post by rao121 »

Dear all,

I am a long time reader of this forum but this is my first post. I am planning to buy 1.5 acres agricultural land (dry) which is 13 kms from Mysore and 6 kms from outer ring road. The land is completely fenced, has a borewell, electricity connection, watchman shed and a poultry/dairy shed. Water source is good in Mysore. Asking rate is 25 lakhs per acre. My question is whether to buy this as a long term investment or for the same price invest in a BDA site (30*40 ft).

Which is better for investment? Investment gurus please advice, this is my first proper investment and I do not want to stuff this up and lock the capital for say 5 years.

Many thanks in advance...

Cheers,
Rao
jackalbda

Re: Agricultural land in Mysore or BDA site for investment

Post by jackalbda »

Not directly related to your question. But I hope that you are aware of the restrictions of buying agriculture land in Karnataka. I believe, you are eligible for buying it.
dream_home

Post by dream_home »

Few years back i read a circular from DC which prevents any Agriculture land in radius of 19 km from mysore center to be converted. Please check that as most of them are notified.
Thanks
rao121

Post by rao121 »

Thanks dream_home & Jack, yes i am aware of the restriction and I am eligible to buy it. I don't have the intent of converting it in the near future.
siteinsmv

Post by siteinsmv »

My preference would be BDA plot.
It's good for both, self use or long term investment. You will always have an option to decide what you would want to do.

Cheers,
Ramesh
niarhab

Post by niarhab »

Rao
Please go for the agricultural land, as this will give u a better returns compared to site.
tvsh

Post by tvsh »

I would go with agricultural land as well. 13 Kms from mysore is close enough to be attractive for a land developer. Go for BDA site if the investment horizon is 3 to 5 years and agricultural land if the investment horizon is more than 5 years.
rao121

Post by rao121 »

Thanks all who have provided your valuable input. I have decided to go for agricultural land, may be keep it for more than 5 years or pass it on to the next generation.

Cheers,
Rao
msn1270

Post by msn1270 »

1.5 acre land is too good for investment or personal use in the longer term.

For personal use, you can have a great farm house with all self contained amenities in that area
without any objections/interference from any neighbours.

In future, when the land value appreciates, you can gain multiple folds than a 30X40 Bda site.
ramks1982

Post by ramks1982 »

Hi Rao,
Are you aware of any other agricultural land in Mysore for sale. Around the same distance that you have come across.
Kindly let me know, i would interested in it as well.

Thanks and Regards,
Ramaswamy

Return to “MYSORE/MUDA”