RO water-purifiers - recommendation ?

rajuraikar

RO water-purifiers - recommendation ?

Post by rajuraikar »

there are many RO water purifiers available in market, just wanted to know if any members have recommendation or good/bad experiences ?

Available RO in market today
* KENT
* PUREIT
* ZERO-B
* AQUAFRESH
* WHIRLPOOL
nagarjunkatta

Re: RO water-purifiers - recommendation ?

Post by nagarjunkatta »

Hi Friends,

Even i m looking for a budget friendly water purifier for my home.. We get Cauvery water and i m very much confused which is the best purifier.... Can experts plz suggest?

And do we really need RO+UV etc., all those stuff for filtering cauvery water??

Cheers
Nagarjun
blorebuddy

Post by blorebuddy »

I recommend - http://www.ecocrystal.in/
I am using this since end of 2011. No issues so far other than regular service once in 6 months. This comes with 1 year warranty, cheaper compared to big brands, good service more over they do not ask you to replace everything even before the parts reached end of it's life. Worth the money spent.
nagarjunkatta

Post by nagarjunkatta »

Hi blorebuddy,

Thanks .. I will look into it. And now a days there are some water filters which doesnt use electricity.. bcoz i already get a hefty electricity bill.. Which is good.. with/without electricity filters??

Cheers
Nagarjun
msn1270

Post by msn1270 »

nagarjuna

RO purifier is required only for the areas where they get hardwater or with high chemical contents from the borewells.
Not for river water. For kaveri water UV is sufficient.
nagarjunkatta

Post by nagarjunkatta »

Thanks msn1270 :) I stay in banashankari and we always drink kaveri water.. but now a days i see that the water is pale yellowish and we have Aquasure(old one) which is not doing good in purifying and wanted to buy a new one..

So can u suggest me a good budget UV purifier if u know any....

Thanks
Nagarjun
tvsh

Post by tvsh »

msn1270 wrote:nagarjuna

RO purifier is required only for the areas where they get hardwater or with high chemical contents from the borewells.
Not for river water. For kaveri water UV is sufficient.
RO purifier is required for all areas, more so for Kaveri water. River water has surface run offs, which includes large amounts of pesticides, insecticides, etc. RO filters these as well as disease causing germs.
nagarjunkatta

Post by nagarjunkatta »

thanks tvsh.... And can some one suggest me the purifier as well which is a budget one....plz..
msn1270

Post by msn1270 »

Flowing River water contains very minor percentage of Pesticide/insecticide, which is very negligible or body can sustain.
Whereas water from Canals made for irrigation or contaminated lake water contains more toxic chemicals. few things we
need to keep in consideration is

1) RO systems are not proven till today which removes all types of pesticides/insecticides/chemicals. Most of the domestic
RO Systems capable of removing only a part of chlorine or phosphate based pesticides. Everything depends on the type of
membranes they used in their system. Membranes keep change based on the type of chemicals or the application.

2) Even if we use RO for reducing Pesticides/Insecticides in the Drinking water, We are exposed all the time to them
in terms of vegetables or groceries, which we are having every day. Even the farmer himself doesn't use the
vegetables he grows for money. They grow separately for themselves without using Pesticides.

3) Even in UV based Purifiers, UV light either kills bacterias or deactivates them for 48 hrs or so. within that period
all affecting bacteria will be out of our body without any side effect. For generic protection, this is sufficient compared
to direct usage or conventional filter water.

4) The usable water from the RO systems is only around 33%, rest it waste or byproduct which will be directly fed to the drainage.
i.e. one we feed 3 ltrs of input water, RO outlet gives around 1 ltr of water for potable use. Remaining 2 ltrs it gives as waste water.

5) RO systems are very expensive and UV based Purifiers are bit moderate. Based on individual affordability, they can decide their protection choice.
nagarjunkatta

Post by nagarjunkatta »

Guys plz suggest some water filters.... i m in need of it very much....

Return to “Non Real Estate”