RO water-purifiers - recommendation ?

sun244

Re: RO water-purifiers - recommendation ?

Post by sun244 »

Does any one know where to buy BNova filter in Bangalore?

Thanks
Sunder
nagarjunkatta

Post by nagarjunkatta »

Hi Sunder,

I found a guy called Uttam from quikr.com last year. he was the stockist. now i dont know whether he still has the dealership. I have been using the filter since last june and i m quite happy with the results. this is my personal experience. you can call up on his mobile:9379657577. You can tell him my name "Nagarjun" and area "padmanabhanagar" has referred you. All the best!!
PJ20

Post by PJ20 »

KENT is the best I feel
msn1270

Post by msn1270 »

One of the Bangalore based company has entered into this domain and emerging as a good competitor.
Aesthetically they look fabulous. Recently few of my friends bought it and using. So far very good response.

http://www.ownwater.in/
sujiths

Post by sujiths »

I was using a Eureka Forbes UV based purifier before and had a disappointing service experience with the company.
The technicians would never come even after registering a complaint on the company website and required repeated follow ups and escalations.
I decided to ditch the device when the company asked for a ~1000 rs AMC fee.
Since I had bought the device for about 5000 about 2 years ago, I felt the high AMC cost in such a short duration was not justified.
Switched to Kent after that. The Kent company itself doesnt seem to have an official service network but there are a lots of small local companies who service and repair Kent products. So far, filter replacement for the purifier has not been a problem.
One thing to note is that RO purification systems waste a lot of water. Depending on the health of the filter, I have seen that the device throws out anywhere between 1.5 to 2 times the amount of purified water that it provides. The quantity of reject water increases if the filter gets clogged or if the input water is muddy.
mybdablr

Post by mybdablr »

Finally around a year back i decided on HLL marvella RO and it worked pretty well, this month the RO system alerted a csf change indicator and i went ahead to clean the pre-sediment filter (the first layer of filter) there was lot of dirt which i cleaned and went ahead to open RO device to clean up the small particles accumulated on bottom of water tank(may be due to ants entered in water tank). There was a small button near power adapter which i accidentally pressed, i reassembled all the components back and to my surprise the csf alarm went off.

so my question is, is it safe to do this way? the RO is working as before and also there is no noticeable change in RO like taste and quality.

Return to “Non Real Estate”