Public protests against traffic jams in Bangalore

Ganesha

Public protests against traffic jams in Bangalore

Post by Ganesha »

hvc

Re: Public protests against traffic jams in Bangalore

Post by hvc »

Great Idea, We are part of the problem, so absolutely make sense to part of solution.
Ganesha

Post by Ganesha »

Thanks; So then please spread the word
msn1270

Post by msn1270 »

Only Bangalore doesn't want saburban Trains. B'cos All Political Parties have used KSRTC & BMTC or KMF/KPTCL as milking cows
for their party and their personal wealth growing tools. They divert all their profit in to their pocket and all these organisations
are always under loss.Politicians & bureacrats simply wants projects & their sharing. They do not want comprehensive solution to public issues.

Today Mumbai is totally running on saburban Trains. Delhi, Hydrabad & Chennai connects all major job cente to city centre by saburban Trains.
Even Age Old Calcutta uses Saburban & also Trams. Even those cities are run by majority corrupt Politicians. Still they all ahead of us and also
gone/going for Metro & Mono Trains to have more penetration.

From Long time Politicians are talking about Circular Connectivity Train system to Bangalore. :D

I don't think even our next generation will get any relief from the Traffic Jams. :(
Ganesha

Post by Ganesha »

>>I don't think even our next generation will get any relief from the Traffic Jams. :(
Sad but bitter reality, dont know how to solve this mess
civil88

Post by civil88 »

There is an initiative called Praja which is a kind of Citizen Forum trying to push the Suburban Train project for Banagalore. More details can be seen in their website:

http://praja.in/en/nammarailu
niarhab

Post by niarhab »

Ganesha
Dont be pessimistic. A day will come when we all have a good and strong leader, who will solve all these problems.
pvr59ksl

Post by pvr59ksl »

HI all :(

To cure all ills in the society, there should be active public participation. First of all most of the public do not know that they can approach the various civic agencies for solving their problems. Most people believe that the Govt./civic agencies should provide amenities and solve their problems without even representing to them. Many people think that the other person should do the work. In my locality most people do not complain when the sweeper doesn't sweep the road. It is just a call to the BBMP and the sweepers come running to clean the road. If they don't, one can send an e-mail to the Commissioner and the work will be done immediately. But our people wont do this. They want others to do the complaining and play safe. Hence, the onus of complaining falls on people like me who cannot sit tight seeing the mess. I have been writing letters to various civic authorities/BMTC for the past 20 years and I have to state proudly that at least there is 60 percent success. I very well remember, years ago when I used to go around collecting signatures to represent the BMTC for more buses and better service, many people won't sign. They are actually afraid of the authorities. What a pity !! I still have faith in the higher ups in the bureaucracy. Many of those higher ups have very patiently gone through my/our letters and solved our problems !

If you see any layout, any park, any road etc that is neat, clean and well maintained or if you see bus services are better in a particular locality, remember, there is some UNKNOWN person/s sitting somewhere writing letters to the concerned authority. The rest of the inactive people are enjoying the toils of this minuscule percentage of population. In my circle of friends, relatives, neighbors and acquaintances, numbering about 500-600 people, I am the only person who does such things. That is I am less than one percent of the circle. If 10-20 percent of the society takes active participation in civic matters, our country will become heaven.
Ganesha

Post by Ganesha »

@civil88 : Yes sir, I have read about praja.
@niarhab : Thanks; who is that leader :-)

@pvr59ksl :
Wow, hats off to you Sir,
Bangalore needs more people like you.
blrsiteseeker

Post by blrsiteseeker »

well before we protest - we need to first see where the problem is. We just want someone to fix all problems without understanding the underlying cause of the problem. The traffic jam situation in Bengaluru is mainly because of people driving without following rules. If and where there are lanes, I have not seen any lane discipline. When there is a stop (signal or sign), I don't see too many people bother to stop. And the biggest cause is all the 2 wheelers assuming they can squeeze in and out of any spot, even to the extent of going on pedestrian paths.

I wonder when the people will also realize that it is not necessary to own so many vehicles (when they don't have place to park it), every street is littered with cars parked haphazardly without any concern for the flow of traffic.

The bus system in Bengaluru has improved tremendously and if more people patronize it, it could become better. And that would be the best way to reduce traffic and as a side effect reduce jams on the roads.

Return to “Non Real Estate”