"POWER" and "MONEY" from terrace

sun

"POWER" and "MONEY" from terrace

Post by sun »

This is the article from today`s Kannada daily.
Attachments
power and money from terrace
power and money from terrace
msn1270

Re: "POWER" and "MONEY" from terrace

Post by msn1270 »

The 30% Govt subsidy is a Big Joke. As per my knowledge, 2-3 years back a 200 ltr solar water heater was available between Rs. 25K-30K inclusive of all expenses like Transportation and installation. After Govt Announcing the 30% subsity & also made the solar water heaters mandatory for all new houses to have KPTCL Connection, the same 200 ltr capacity unit is priced at around Rs.35K to 40K after 30% Govt subsidy.

So where is the actual subsidy benefit the end user. Infact now the end user is paying more than the earlier price. So there is a big nexus between the Solar products manufacturers and the Renewable energy Ministry in this price rigging mechanism to fool the public.
blrsiteseeker

Re: "POWER" and "MONEY" from terrace

Post by blrsiteseeker »

but the solar panel helping in reducing electricity bill and us becoming self sufficient is indeed very good. I had tried to find out if I could do the harvesting and feed back to the grid when I don't need it, thus reducing the bill, but that option was not available. Still a good idea. With all the power cuts, if each one of us can subsidize our own consumption, then the power cuts / blackouts could be reduced to a vast extent. (I did not read the article fully, will check it out and see what it suggests and hope we can implement). I do understand that it is expensive at first, but that costs may come down as technology improves.

Return to “Non Real Estate”