Story of GPA and Cheating!

sun

Story of GPA and Cheating!

Post by sun »

My father in law purchased a site by GPA back in 1999 and constructed a house in 2000 in Bangalore. Prime locality now. (BTM Layout, 2 mins walk from erstwhile Udupi Garden hotel). There were 12 sites like this owner had sold and my FIL was first to construct the house.

When house was at the verge of completion, owner claimed back the site using rowdy power and my FIL lost the constructed house, all money and site along with 11 others. They tried hard to obtain it back from him with help of police and law but owner was better at it, Police didn't do anything. He did pay a lot too at that time around.

After a year BDA acquired the site+house and someone else is there now. Same house is still there! The compensation was given to old owner. Is there something can be done now? My father in law was worried for several years, took a toll on him and passed away in 2006.

I would like to take people who cheated to justice in one way or other. I am seeking guidance and support from this forum as what can be done please.

Thanks!
viksat82

Re: Story of GPA and Cheating!

Post by viksat82 »

It is very sad to hear this. Hope some expert in this forum will answer your query.
Design2Konstruct

Re: Story of GPA and Cheating!

Post by Design2Konstruct »

Buying a plot or house from a GPA holder is always a risky job as they may not be genuine. Always try to buy properties from the original land owner. Their are a lot of cases pending in court who have brought properties from a GPA. I suggest all to buy properties from the original owner or kindly check the papers with a good lawyer before the purchase.

Return to “Non Real Estate”