Gated Community govt Rules & regulation

kris_tm

Gated Community govt Rules & regulation

Post by kris_tm »

Hi,

I am part of a gated community which has both apartments and individual plots. I just wanted to know what are the normal rules and regulations as per govt which any of the gated community needs to follow.

WHat i am noticing is the apartment residents have formed a association and forcing the individual plot owners to be part of the association. They are also making rules which is one sided and favouring the flat owners only , the individual plot owners are not allowed to have the borewell in their individual plots. The plot is registered in the BBMP records directly in my name and the builder who developed the layout is completely out from this.

I need to find out what is govt rules and regulation when it comes for gated community , can any one help me with this.

Regards
Hari Krishnan
MNRS

Re: Gated Community govt Rules & regulation

Post by MNRS »

In case of apartments, the roads, parks, clubhouse etc are the common areas and will be handed over to the association. So association should maintain the same and they have the ownership of that.

where as the gated communities, matter of fact, all the roads and parks are belongs to the Govt and the respective BDA/BMRDA/BIAAPA agencies. Association will not have any control on it. However, it might be the same case in the gated communities also, and associations are usually taking care of the layout and they form the rules.
ashraf

Post by ashraf »

kris_tm wrote:Hi,

I am part of a gated community which has both apartments and individual plots. I just wanted to know what are the normal rules and regulations as per govt which any of the gated community needs to follow.

WHat i am noticing is the apartment residents have formed a association and forcing the individual plot owners to be part of the association. They are also making rules which is one sided and favouring the flat owners only , the individual plot owners are not allowed to have the borewell in their individual plots. The plot is registered in the BBMP records directly in my name and the builder who developed the layout is completely out from this.

I need to find out what is govt rules and regulation when it comes for gated community , can any one help me with this.

Regards
Hari Krishnan
better to visit the concerned authority or any govt body, might get better solution
Ashraf
+91 9845080778
Aithena Interiors
sriram

Post by sriram »

Dear All,
I would be very thankful if someone can reply to my query. In a BMRDA layout (gated community), can an ashram/mutt/small temple be constructed on a residential plot ? Do the BMRDA bye-laws permit such a construction OR Is there any rule prohibiting construction of a small mutt on a residential plot. The idea is to have a G+2 construction with a hall on GF(for meditation, discourse), kitchen + few guest rooms on 1st floor and dormitory on second floor. If the BMRDA regulations regarding setbacks, FAR etc are followed, can the neighbors or the layout residents raise objections (the purpose of the mutt is for the ultimate welfare of the residents :-) )? Less than 5% sites have houses and currently the society has no bye-laws. Any replies, pointers would be very helpful. The mutt is presently functioning in a rented (big) house in a fully residential locality (BBMP area) and I havent seen any objections raised by the neighbors till now.
sriram

Post by sriram »

Dear Praveen, Namburi, bdasites members
Your valuable insights on the query above would be very helpful.
Thanks.
msn1270

Post by msn1270 »

As per my knowledge, religious constructions like Temples/Masjids/Churches/community halls...etc not allowed on BDA/KHB/BMRDA...etc lands.
residential sites. Bye-Laws doesn't give permission/approvals for such construction plans.
Ravi h.g.

Post by Ravi h.g. »

Hi,

check the following website...

http://anekal-pa.in/master.html

in this site, click on Anekal LPA Provisional ZR 2031.

download the pdf, look into page 164, which covers all included in residential

regards,
ravindra kumar hg
sriram

Post by sriram »

Dear MSN, Ravindra,
Thanks a lot for your replies. Page 164 in Anekal LPA Provisional ZR 2031 mentions "...Dharamshala, orphanages, places of public worship,..." under Residential Zone, Uses Permitted.
I will also check with BBMP/BMRDA office. Its mainly a Yoga centre and not a conventional temple. The only objections I can see are from immediate neighbours and some parking related minor issues. Thanks again for your inputs.
msn1270

Post by msn1270 »

Ravindra

If I'm right in my understanding of your Anekal Planning authority document, A residential zone can contain the temples, trusts....etc and the planning authority gives the approval for the same. But it doesn't mention a residential site can be used for such purposes. As per my knowledge, these kind of things will come on CA(Civic Amenity) sites. You can refer the BMRDA CA Allotted site details for north zone in the below link which gives lot of Temples, churches, schools, orphanages and other structures list on CA Sites.
http://www.bmrda.kar.nic.in/Anekal%20LP ... 202031.pdf

Pls, correct me if I'm wrong.
sriram

Post by sriram »

Hi MSN, Ravindra
Even I had the same doubt that residential zone is different from a residential site. We can see many temples, schools etc in residential zones throughout Bangalore but all of these may not necessarily be on residential sites. However, I see that many commercial complexes have come up on "residential sites" on 100Ft road, Indiranagar. Similarly, I have seen daycare centres and play schools in houses (which are constructed on residential sites). Also, there are Art of Living Centres, Baba Ramdev centres, other spiritual centes functioning from houses/bungalows (constructed on residential sites) in BDA layouts like Indiaranagar, Kormangala etc. So, there may be a way to get sanction for a small non-profit centre on a residential site in a residential zone. For a big school, hospital, temple, I agree there are rules on minimum site dimensions, road width etc and they may mandatorily have to come up on CA site. Do you know which is the best source from where I can get confirmed information. Any pointers would be very helpful for me.

Return to “Documents”