missing allotment letter

rkrishna

Re: missing allotment letter

Post by rkrishna »

agree that it is something to watch out- since all the other documents were in order, my lawyer and bank were fine with proceeding further.

The current owner claims that he never received this letter from the previous transaction 7 years back.

Is the Society obliged to provide a copy if someone requests for the same? Will it be sufficient if they provide a copy (not sure how easy it is)? Any other way to mitigate this risk?
tvsh

Post by tvsh »

I think all societies are obliged to provide copies of documents. They may charge a fee. But how many societies do we have today that have members interest at heart. It is the sellers responsibility to provide a copy of the document. It does not matter if he did not receive it when he bought it. You can still purchase the site, if you are comfortable with it. But the question always continues to haunt, when you want to sell the site.
rkrishna

Post by rkrishna »

I checked personally with two of the office bearers of the society. They mentioned that the layout had a lottery allotment method and hence possession certificate/hakku patra is same as the allotment letter. Apparently, there is no separate allotment letter?
Somashekar2012

SUKHANANDA SAGARA

Post by Somashekar2012 »

HI

I had applied for 30*40 Site in SUKHANANDA SAGARA Telecome Society in Mysore, I paid 3 installments, so for Ipaid 1.95 Lakhs which is paid almost 4 years back.
If I call the society they always tell they will release sites in next month and next month is still not yet arrived.

I am not sure what I need to proceed further...

Please post your views on this.

Return to “Documents”