Need urgent information regarding Khatha transfer

raghuhb

Need urgent information regarding Khatha transfer

Post by raghuhb »

I have decided to buy 30x40 plot in Nobel Residency... off Bannerghatta road.
Currently the plot has BBMP B Khatha.
The agent and owner told me that they will convert plot Khatha from B Khatha to A Khatha after agreement.
The conversion will happen after agreement is done and once they get A khatha for the plot then i need to go for registration.

If anyone aware of this process, please let me know if there are any legal issues after this conversion?

Is it good to go for this plot?
krish

Re: Need urgent information regarding Khatha transfer

Post by krish »

Not sure but be careful with this transaction. If the owner can convert it into A-Katha, then he could have already done and sold it for higher price than selling it to you on a B-Katha price.
rajarajangs

Post by rajarajangs »

I had the same situation, these sites are initially given B Khata by the panchayat authorities. So every owner in this layout should go to BBMP Begur office and if they possess a valid panchayat provided khata, its getting converted to A Khatha. No owners are doing it unless they come to a point where they wanted to sell it, the conversion might cost them app 12k for 30*40. I had converted A khatha and before buying the plot went to BBMP office with the photocopy and verified that its actually converted as per the rules. After buying the site I was successfully able to convert that on my name with out any difficulties, the same is reflected in BBMP records, I paid the tax on my name.
chidu

Post by chidu »

@raghuhb: best thing would be to check with a lawyer. It depends on whether the area was under BDA or BMRDA jurisdiction when the panchayat issued the khata, if it was then that khata is most likely a bogus document.
raghuhb

Post by raghuhb »

Thanks Guys... i dropped this plot purchase for two reasons.

1. Original sale deed was not with the owner (they claim that they lost, complaint is registered and also there was a announcement in new papers).
But my lawyer said its risky....lawyer told if they pledged somewhere you may need to spend time/money in future.
2. The plot is registered in B-register in BBMP office...there is no khatha. However owner says they will convert....i am not sure if BBMP is converting khatha right now..as BBMP is not collecting the betterment charges.
tejas_blr

Owner has not changed in spite of getting Katha Transfer don

Post by tejas_blr »

Hi

In Jan 2011, had a bought a house which the owner had BBMP A katha. After purchasing it I did applied for katha transfer by paying the transfer fees & other charges. BBMP did issue me the katha transfer certificate mentioning that the properly details have been transferred to my name based on the absolute sale deed copy.

Surprisingly, the owner name in BBMP online tax portal still shows previous owner name! I did visit the BBMP office to check in dec last year. What they mentioned was there were some issues in computer systems but the I can visit them March this year to get this changed manually. When I visited them again in March they told me that it will get changed automatically we don't have worry about and told me to check this when am paying the tax for 2013-14.

Again to my surprise! still the name had not changed!

Wondering if any one kindly shed some light on whats the issue here. Is it common that though they have issued katha transfer certification, the name change will take few years to get updated?

Appreciate your kind help on this as am worried

kind regards
Tejas
nagarjunkatta

Post by nagarjunkatta »

Hi Tejas,

It wont change automatically AFAIK.... i got the name change done thru a broker for 150 Rs. According to him, we had to goto BBMP Zonal Head office(in my case its Bommanahalli), there we shud request for a name change and pay a fee of 150 to 200....then they will update with our name.. i think we need Khata transfer certificate & Sale deed in ur name for tat.... Then after updating, they will ask us to check online for the name change.. in my case, i chkd aftr some 1 week on net and the new name was reflected..
chandramouli

Post by chandramouli »

while paying property tax thru Net, the owner's name and address can be updated online. i have done so for a plot i bought last september. just follow the instructions displayed on the screen. but i think this is possible only if u have not yet paid the tax for 2013-14 in any other way. chandramouli
sun

Post by sun »

I am in the same position right now, what I have been told is that once Khata transfer is done, there should be a letter given to Tax section in respective BBMP office along with notorised copy of Khata and sale deed. They will take their own sweet time and update the owner details.

Return to “Documents”