Name mismatch in BBMP Property Tax

vanandh

Name mismatch in BBMP Property Tax

Post by vanandh »

Hi,

I am looking for a site to buy from HBCS formed layout. The original allotee sold the site to current owner in 2011 from whom I am buying the site. In the recent BBMP tax paid receipt (for 2012 -13),I still see the original allotee name even though the current owner got his khataha transfer done in Feb-2012 itself.

I am planning to ask the current owner to get his name reflected in BBMP Tax paid system. Is is necessary? If yes, what should the current owner do?

Why would the original allottee name appear in the system, even after khata transfer?

Thanks in advance for your valuable inputs.
nagarjunkatta

Re: Name mismatch in BBMP Property Tax

Post by nagarjunkatta »

i dont know whether its necessary but it wud be good if its transferred from which you always confirm the present owner.

Khata Transfer doesnt change the name in the Tax paid receipts. The owner has to go to the respective BBMP Zonal office and request for a name change. then the name is reflected in the latest 2 years receipts. you can get the print out again to chk whether its reflected or else u can chk in the BBMP website. The name wold be reflected.
vanandh

Re: Name mismatch in BBMP Property Tax

Post by vanandh »

Thanks Nagarjun for the update. Its really helpful. I was always under the impression that the name will get updated after the khatha transfer.

Return to “Documents”