EC or RTC which is the legal document for title possession

renjinisoman

EC or RTC which is the legal document for title possession

Post by renjinisoman »

I have few questions about buying a property, I have recently seen some docs related to a property i.e RTC and EC.
My question is when there is a change of ownership shown in EC whereas the same owner shown in RTC for a property, now which one should we consider it as correct?
Another question at village level when there is no conversion when a buyer buys from a seller, which is a partial (not full) of his/her property, then the Katha / RTC would show the seller as owner and not the buyer. But, as it was registered with the registrar in registration office , the EC would show the buyer as the new owner.Then who is the legal owner So, as per documents what should be the procedure to have the same owner name shown in both the places ?
Appreciate your valuable answers in this regard. Thanks
bhr2009

Re: EC or RTC which is the legal document for title possess

Post by bhr2009 »

1. Both EC and RTC should correctly reflect the latest ownership of properties.
2. Once the sale is registered in sub-registrar office, the file automatically moves to Tahsildar office and data is moved to Bhoomi Software there.
So there is no reason why the information in EC and RTC should differ. Only reason I can think of is,

a. The sale is registered at sub-registrar office but the officials at tahasildar office(ARO)/Bhoomi didn't approve the transaction and refuse to change RTC. (I am not sure what happens to original sale transaction done at sub-reg office in such cases.)

b. If the transaction is done very recently at sub-reg office then, it takes approximately 45-60 days for the buyer name to reflect in RTC.
(15 days for data appearing in Bhoomi + 1 month mandatory notice period + 15 days for tahsildar approval)
renjinisoman

Re: EC or RTC which is the legal document for title possess

Post by renjinisoman »

Thanks bhr for your information.This sale deed executed during 2004 and for revenue site after dividing into some sites.

Return to “Documents”