Agreement Validity

yasif

Agreement Validity

Post by yasif »

Dear Members,

I have agreement with builder six months validity which will expire on 30Sep and I have made 92% payment till date now I am insisting builder to get Registration done before 30Sep and I will pay reaming 8% but he says he cannot get registration done before 30Sep since Project is not complete yet and he also told me to pay remaining 8% at the time of registration which may be after after few months

please guide me to safeguard Agreement

yasif
bhr2009

Re: Agreement Validity

Post by bhr2009 »

Generally (without looking at the contents of document), I can say following.
Assuming its apartment, you dont have to rush to make registration. The validity of agreement to sell becomes important if any of the parties want to cancel the agreement and demand compenastion because of non fullfillment of conditions in the agreement. But this can be done any time after the expiry of date. Your situation is very common in most of projects and good that builder is ok with remaining payment during resgistration. Just follow up and monitor the status of project. Again, this is my opinion without knowing anything about the contents of 'agreement to sell'.
yasif

Re: Agreement Validity

Post by yasif »

Thanks bhr2009,

for making me understand I was worried since Agreement period was getting over this month end and thought Builder can deny me for Registration later or ask for penalty for not settling full payment before agreement date, if you want I can sent agreement copy on your PM

yasif

Return to “Documents”