problem in constrcuting sump

Iyyappan

problem in constrcuting sump

Post by Iyyappan »

Hi All,

In my land, I am not able dig more than 5 feet for sump due to more ground water.
So Is there any solution/method to stop the ground water and construct my sump around 6 feet depth.
Please let me know.

Thanks in advance.
m3_07

Re: problem in constrcuting sump

Post by m3_07 »

Suppose the water is flushed out...how much time does it take to refill??? If you have atleast 6 to 8 hour gap, once you excavate to the required depth use a pump to flush it out & then fill it with concrete.
shridhark

Re: problem in constrcuting sump

Post by shridhark »

Iyyappan wrote:Hi All,

In my land, I am not able dig more than 5 feet for sump due to more ground water.
So Is there any solution/method to stop the ground water and construct my sump around 6 feet depth.
Please let me know.

Thanks in advance.
I discussed your problem with my contractor. He said the solution for this is to have more than 1 pump to remove the water from the pit. If the rate of removing the water is more than the rate of filling the water then 1 alone will work otherwise use 2 pumps to double the output.
First cast the base PCC for the sump with pump still on the side to remove any water that might flow in.
Once PCC is set, make a RCC base slab for which the steel mesh should be prepared outside only ready to be just kept inside.
Once that is ready, just place it inside and cast RCC min 5 inch thick. Dont forget to use water proofing compound in the base concrete mixture.
When you do this, water will stop flowing inside and rest you can achieve easily.

Return to “Civil Construction”