stairs costing

maheshv

stairs costing

Post by maheshv »

[album][/album]
Hi
In item rate contract does stairs considered under RCC costing or as a separate item like sump?
This is for the plain design (slope at underside and not chained step)
palmut

Re: stairs costing

Post by palmut »

I was told that if the stairs are inside the house then it wouldn't attract additional costs where as if it is outside, then it will be
maheshv

Post by maheshv »

thanks palmut,
looking for inputs from other too...
JollyRogers

Post by JollyRogers »

Yes, even my contractor had informed me that normal stairs are included within the house work for interiors.
I had to pay since I went in for Chained staircase.
maheshv

Post by maheshv »

Thanks JR.

This is for external staircase, from gnd flr to 1st flr

I got this price and other details below from my contractor, Rs.250/CFT RCC for waist slab (referred by me as plain slab earlier) and 350/CFT for Chained link stair case. This is excluding steel which will be supplied by me.
Chained link takes 40 to 50% more steel and it is structuraly more stronger, Waist slab require additional support in the middle in the form of wall hence addtional cost of wall and foundation. Overall cost difference was around 8k more for chained link.
I decided for waist slab, per plan this stair case tocuhes the compound wall on one side and open to parking area on other side. I plan to utilize the space under stair as store room, electric meter board and probably dog house in future, hence i will be closing underside of the stair case on 3 sides with wall. Hence chained link didn't make sense.

I have seen waist slab stair case being built without wall support in the middle (supported at the bottom and at the top only), this is something i will have to research more to find out if wall support is required for my plan.
sholla

Post by sholla »

In my case one internal chain link staircase was done under item rate contract.
There was no special charge, it was covered under the normal RCC
concreting.
maheshv

Post by maheshv »

thanks Sholla,
please share RCC CFT cost you paid and did it included steel cost or you supplied steel.
BengaluruBoy

Post by BengaluruBoy »

Mine is chain linked stairs (aka folded plates, I guess) and item rate is rs 300/cft only for RCC, excluding the steel and bar bending.
maheshv

Post by maheshv »

thanks BB

Return to “Civil Construction”