Main door can't be on car park space??

aries31

Main door can't be on car park space??

Post by aries31 »

Door abutting carpark space not allowed??
Door abutting carpark space not allowed??
doorprob.jpg (21.78 KiB) Viewed 7272 times
For my 40x60 site, I have left more space than needed for official setbacks. Also I was told to allot 3mx6m car park space within the setbacks and I have done that too.

My main entrance door (on west) is in line with car parking space which is covered by a portico/canopy so that when it is raining or when a disabled person comes home, it is easy to enter/exit. See image

I was told by the staff at MUDA that this is not allowed. No main door abutting the carparking space. So they made me shift the main door to the north (where I have 6'9" setback) but not really convenient to have a door.

Is there such a rule for single owner residences? I can't find any -even in NBC

PS: I am not paying any bribes.
tvsh

Re: Main door can't be on car park space??

Post by tvsh »

The CDP booklet has only information about set backs. I am not sure where the other specifications for a building are.

In our case, MUDA allows a Room on top of a Garage. I have constructed a room on top of the garage, leaving 1.5 feet space at the back of the house and provided sliding window so that there is cross ventillation and our windows do not open into neighbor's property. The MUDA Engineer who visited the house, said this was not allowed and since everything else was in conformance, mentioned that the building has 2 % violation and approved the Completion report.
aries31

Post by aries31 »

Thanks tvsh. You can build a carpark in the setback area but only if you leave a 3m (10') space all along the right side (600sqft!) and pave it, provide a room with shutter for car garage. Your garage windows can't open into neighbours property and you CAN build on the rear setback of 5'9" (for 40x60 site) This is the current bylaw. (I have verified it)

I read in NBC that obstructions on carparking space/portico are not allowed but that is only for commercial and apartments, I think.

Also note that CDP 2031 is not a valid document yet since it is just a draft and cannot be enforced (RTI should confirm this)

In any case, I am planning to file an amendment of plan after the current plan approval is in my hand. Or file an RTI, maybe.
tvsh

Post by tvsh »

I have the car park (garage) according to the specs. . I wanted to have a garage of 26 feet length to park 2 cars. This isn't allowed, only 20 feet by 10 feet garages are allowed. I am talking about the room on top of the garage. instead of having a room of 20 feet by 10 feet, I have a room of 18.5 feet by 10 feet on top of the garage and a sliding window at the back so as to enable cross-ventilation. I have left a driveway of 10 feet by 40 feet, the rest 20 feet is used by the garage. The window I have for the garage opens into the setback area at the back and not into the neighbors property. I have nothting that opens into neighbors property. Hope it is clear.

You have CDP2011 that is in force as CDP2031 is just a draft.
panandh

Post by panandh »

Hi guys,

Can you confirm whether these rules are for garage only or even extended to car parking space?
m3_07

Post by m3_07 »

sorry to abut.....cud not help laughing & to add a dash of humor, the CDP should include:

1. car make, model, type to be parked inside the house, specifying the site demensions too.
2. Number of occupants allowed inside the house - this could further be classified as occupants during business hours & non-business hours.
3. Age of the occupants.

the list goes on & on.
aries31

Post by aries31 »

Hi

panandh, Atleast MUDA mysore is very confused wrt Open CarParking Space vs enclosed garage. I have only open carpark in the front. Initially they argued it is not allowed - must build a garage. But could not show any bylaw and hence had to accept open carpark.

tvsh: I have the CDP2031 PDF files as well as the 1996 bylaws, updated in 2011 hardcopy book available for Rs 100

m3_07, Here is the shocker, I think I have seen that a residential unit of X sqm is expected to host about 8 people (X is 100, IIRC) I believe either the NBC or Noida's bylaws mention this. So what you jokingly say is dangerously true...!
OldWorldCharm

Post by OldWorldCharm »

That's hilarious, aries31 and m3_07. I guess soon it would be extended to the breed of pet you can keep based on your site dimension - 20x30 to have only poms, 30x40 may have a dobermann and 40x60 and above would be allowed to keep great dane or saint bernard as their pet!

Return to “Civil Construction”