Help with plan

godisgood

Help with plan

Post by godisgood »

Hi

I am looking to start planning my construction in a 30*40 plot. I wanted to gain some knowledge about the kind of plan that can be approved from BBMP.
Basically I want to construct a duplex 3 BHK and 1\2 BHK for rental.
Which of the following is most feasible to construct as well as get approval as per BBMP plans.

1. Basement car park + Duplex starting ground extending to first floor + rental house on second floor.
2. Rental house on ground floor+ parking in front of this house + duplex house starting on first extending to second floor.
3. Any other plan suggested by you. :)
Also what will be the maximum number of floors allowed as per BBMP - road width in front is 30 Feet. I want to get some basic knowledge before going to a contractor or for plan approval hence thought of seeking your inputs.
siteinsmv

Re: Help with plan

Post by siteinsmv »

Hey,

I feel the second option is the best,

Ground Floor:
Parking space for 1 or 2 cars and 2 bikes, 2 BHK (with medium sized rooms with or without dining hall ) for rent

First & Second Floor:
Duplex house for yourself 3 BHK, where you get sufficient ventilation, light and also free from dust.

I too am planning to start the construction soon.
My requirement is also somewhat similar and I have made a sample/draft plan for an east facing site. Following is the thread.

http://www.mybdasites.com//viewtopic.php?f=83&t=4433

I'm still drawing the duplex plan for the 1'st and 2'nd floor (during my free time). Lemme know if your's is east facing. If you want, I can share it with you for reference.

Im not sure about the approval. Please go through some of the existing threads in the forum which talks about the approval related details.

Cheers,
Ramesh
kraghum

Post by kraghum »

IMO i don't advise rental homes unless you are getting lump sum money from a sale, if you are going with home loan a rental house will eat away to the money which will otherwise helped you to build a better home. also think about the rental income Vs Amount your paying for home loan

About plan, i have seem one particular house designed by my architect as per request by owner, in nor mail duplex they will have car parking, Living room. Kitchen and room in ground floor, Master bedroom and another guest bedroom in first floor

But in this house they had steps outside using which you will climb to first floor where the full floor was utilized to construct Bedroom, Kitchen and Living room. now there will be wooden steps using which you will climb down from inside to two bed room which are in ground floor (along with space for Cra parking), which i felt quite change from normal duplex

Hope it helps
godisgood

Post by godisgood »

Hi Ramesh

Thanks for your reply. I saw your ground floor plans in the other thread. I will follow that thread and wait for your other floor plans now :) .
kraghum : That is indeed a new design. Thanks for sharing it. Also about the point on the rental home from loan - i was thinking of building it at a later stage if and when i have funds for it but just want to plan in such a way that it is possible to build if possible.
My only problem with duplex for self starting from first floor is once parents are aged they will need to always need to use stair whereas in the basement+duplex starting at first floor there can be one bedroom on the ground floor.
kraghum

Post by kraghum »

@godisgood
Yes that's valid reason, what i saw earlier was built on same thinking. by moving everything to first floor they have good space in first floor without sacrificing anything for garage, but they had two rooms in ground floor with a side entrance which they can use on need basis from ground floor it self
But yeah in this case parents need to climb up to reach living room or to be with family
nagsbhat

Post by nagsbhat »

godisgood wrote:Hi Ramesh

Thanks for your reply. I saw your ground floor plans in the other thread. I will follow that thread and wait for your other floor plans now :) .
kraghum : That is indeed a new design. Thanks for sharing it. Also about the point on the rental home from loan - i was thinking of building it at a later stage if and when i have funds for it but just want to plan in such a way that it is possible to build if possible.
My only problem with duplex for self starting from first floor is once parents are aged they will need to always need to use stair whereas in the basement+duplex starting at first floor there can be one bedroom on the ground floor.
I too faced the same challenge and kind of now decided to drop the idea of basement for the following reasons. I was intended to use the basement for car/bike parking along with some sort of home office for future:
1. If you go for basement you need to get the ground floor elevated by at least 4-5 feet. That requires 8-10 steps. Since usage is regular and very frequent you would like to give 0.5 feet hight for the stairs. If you give around 10 inch wide stairs, 8 feet length from the compound wall will be gone just for providing stairs.
2. Basement moisture level can be high causing computers/electronic parts to damange.
3. You have to climb the 8-10 stairs every day many times.
4. You will loose lot of space for stairs.

I liked ground for parking and rent + first and second duplex. This way when we get older we can shift to ground floor and rent out the duplex. That will be like pension :)
Any suggestion would be welcome.

Cheers,
Nag

Return to “Civil Construction”